Topcashback several transactions went from Payable back to Pending?

Posted 13th Jan
Anyone else ever come across this problem with topcashback, I had several payments all go to the Payable stage, I didn't withdraw right away as I was waiting for another couple to go to payable and withdraw in one large go.

Went to check tonight and around 5 transactions have all went from PAYABLE to PENDING again? Seems very strange
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Not looking to criticise here, but out of interest why are people leaving money with TopCashback after it has become payable? Any time I notice that I have more than £1 payable I withdraw it straight away.
44 Comments
I’ve just checked mine and the same has happened
Happened today on Quidco with me..
theroman13/01/2020 21:18

I’ve just checked mine and the same has happened

Ah at least i'm not the only one then, wonder if it's a system glitch, it's annoying, looked at cashback over last few days was sitting at £107 payable, it's now down to £62. annoying when £45 is missing, I waited long enough for them to go payable in the first place lol
My £1.32 from Ubisoft finally became payable after two years and a month and now it's gone back to confirmed
Me too, down about £50. I have raised a query but it looks like it may be a fault at their end.
There’s comments on their Facebook page too about it. No response from tcb obv. Mines gone down £2, not a massive amount but I’ve transferred mine to bank so it can’t go down again.
Mine too, gone down from about £6 to about £2. Looks like everyone is affected. Luckily I withdrew recently but I'm sure it will go back to normal soon.
Went down from £500 to £425
Must be an issue on their end.

39669794-YMWrj.jpg
Still on £2.95 here
Wongy11013/01/2020 23:23

Still on £2.95 here

Last of the big spenders Wongy
Wongy11013/01/2020 23:43

Well indeed but why would you save it up ?

Very true spend spend spend
just checked mine and all the payable are still there.
Not looking to criticise here, but out of interest why are people leaving money with TopCashback after it has become payable? Any time I notice that I have more than £1 payable I withdraw it straight away.
Random_Purchase14/01/2020 00:24

Not looking to criticise here, but out of interest why are people leaving …Not looking to criticise here, but out of interest why are people leaving money with TopCashback after it has become payable? Any time I notice that I have more than £1 payable I withdraw it straight away.

Very good advice. TCB and Quidco are both struggling which is why they tried a merger not too long ago; if they sink, the money would be very difficult to recover as consumers are not secured creditors.
Morning guys,

Yesterday we noticed that our system updated and reported some transactions as payable. However, these were not paid for by the retailer yet.

With fair play in mind we thought the fairest thing to do for our members was to reverse the affected transactions, back to what they were before this error.

I can assure you, this won't affect the purchase progressing as soon as we've been paid by the retailer.

I completely understand this situation isn’t ideal and I’m really sorry some of you have been caught up in it.

Best wishes,

Matt

Not looking to criticise here, but out of interest why are people leaving …Not looking to criticise here, but out of interest why are people leaving money with TopCashback after it has become payable? Any time I notice that I have more than £1 payable I withdraw it straight away.

i can't be bothered with small sums so i wait for more than £10 before i withdraw the money.
it will waste TCB time processing small piddly amounts all the time. i am a considerate customer
have pretty much stopped using TCB - they often do an offer e.g. £5 bonus when you purchase something, each time I have used this the purchase does not track, so I have to chase it, and eventually the purchase processes, but NOT the bonus, dodgy practices
TopCashbackRep14/01/2020 10:29

With fair play in mind we thought the fairest thing to do for our members …With fair play in mind we thought the fairest thing to do for our members was to reverse the affected transactions, back to what they were before this error.

Fairest thing for your members? Heaven forbid that TCB should be at the wrong end of declined cashback for a change.
deewbee14/01/2020 11:15

have pretty much stopped using TCB - they often do an offer e.g. £5 bonus …have pretty much stopped using TCB - they often do an offer e.g. £5 bonus when you purchase something, each time I have used this the purchase does not track, so I have to chase it, and eventually the purchase processes, but NOT the bonus, dodgy practices

you have been unlucky. i have had a few of those and they have always worked.
deeky14/01/2020 11:18

Fairest thing for your members? Heaven forbid that TCB should … Fairest thing for your members? Heaven forbid that TCB should be at the wrong end of declined cashback for a change.

Thanks so much for your feedback. We feel the fairest thing to do is to pass on all the cashback we get from retailers and this is what we do

I completely understand when cashback is declined it's frustrating and we'll always do our best to help prevent this.

Best wishes,Matt
TopCashbackRep14/01/2020 12:15

Thanks so much for your feedback. We feel the fairest thing to do is to …Thanks so much for your feedback. We feel the fairest thing to do is to pass on all the cashback we get from retailers and this is what we do I completely understand when cashback is declined it's frustrating and we'll always do our best to help prevent this. Best wishes,Matt

Ryan Giggs would be proud of that bodyswerve.

'With fair play in mind...fairest thing to do for our members...' is utter rubbish. How can it ever be in the customer's best interest for you to make cashback 'payable' and then revert it back to 'pending' or 'confirmed'? It's only beneficial to TCB in that they remove the risk of TCB paying out and then not getting it from the merchant. People aren't stupid on here, they can read between the lines. You could have quite easily left that sentence out completely and your post would have been acceptable.

The fairest thing to do, given the error was with YOUR system, would have been to leave the cashback where it was and then when the merchant paid you the cashback, then it was all yours.

But, as I said, heaven forbid that TCB should be at the wrong end of declined cashback for a change.
Edited by: "deeky" 14th Jan
TopCashbackRep14/01/2020 10:29

Morning guys,Yesterday we noticed that our system updated and reported …Morning guys,Yesterday we noticed that our system updated and reported some transactions as payable. However, these were not paid for by the retailer yet. With fair play in mind we thought the fairest thing to do for our members was to reverse the affected transactions, back to what they were before this error. I can assure you, this won't affect the purchase progressing as soon as we've been paid by the retailer. I completely understand this situation isn’t ideal and I’m really sorry some of you have been caught up in it. Best wishes, Matt

So it was a glitch that happened yesterday? Some of my transactions that were changed from payable to pending had been at the payable stage for over 10 days so I don't see how a glitch from yesterday changes that?
Neo160714/01/2020 12:29

So it was a glitch that happened yesterday? Some of my transactions that …So it was a glitch that happened yesterday? Some of my transactions that were changed from payable to pending had been at the payable stage for over 10 days so I don't see how a glitch from yesterday changes that?

We corrected the glitch yesterday but they were made payable on friday.
Best wishes,Matt
I requested payment last week and just got an email now saying they wont be paying it and everything is going back to pending.

I was expecting it in my account today or tomorrow.

NOT happy. It makes me question whether i can really trust what is going on. I am very suspicious of this.

"with fair play in mind" - um, no, with fair play in mind, you would have just swallowed your error and proceeded to pay those who had requested and processed the payment.

I did withdraw it last week, but they STILL contacted me today to say they wont be paying it and have returned all the related transactions to pending....
Edited by: "jono8" 14th Jan
I’ve noticed a few odd things going on with TopCashback even prior to this, like randomly reducing a entry without notifications and reducing a cash back amount even after it’s payable? and now this.

Yes they may have had a issue but at least put the correct amount back in the account, I know it’s hardly a fortune but I can see at least 2.50 missing. Like someone else said never leave payable cash back with them as there’s always the risk they go out of business.

Now even more than before I will definitely shop around, there’s more options out there that have been more reliable. Will only use them as a last resort and only see the cash back as a bonus.
Edited by: "squiby" 14th Jan
squiby14/01/2020 18:53

I’ve noticed a few odd things going on with TopCashback even prior to t …I’ve noticed a few odd things going on with TopCashback even prior to this, like randomly reducing a entry without notifications and reducing a cash back amount even after it’s payable? and now this. Yes they may have had a issue but at least put the correct amount back in the account, I know it’s hardly a fortune but I can see at least 2.50 missing. Like someone else said never leave payable cash back with them as there’s always the risk they go out of business.

I had something go completely missing as well last year, after it showed as confirmed. It just went, not declined, not back to pending, just gone....
jono814/01/2020 18:56

I had something go completely missing as well last year, after it showed …I had something go completely missing as well last year, after it showed as confirmed. It just went, not declined, not back to pending, just gone....

It’s just becoming more hassle than it’s worth having to screenshot every entry incase it gets amended or worse disappears altogether, I just can’t recommend them anymore having previously pointed them out to many for the savings. Voucher codes is good, any problems I’ve had got resolved swiftly and has saved me loads since I rediscovered them, for obvious reasons it won’t be advertised on hukd.
squiby14/01/2020 19:05

It’s just becoming more hassle than it’s worth having to screenshot every e …It’s just becoming more hassle than it’s worth having to screenshot every entry incase it gets amended or worse disappears altogether, I just can’t recommend them anymore having previously pointed them out to many for the savings. Voucher codes is good, any problems I’ve had got resolved swiftly and has saved me loads since I rediscovered them, for obvious reasons it won’t be advertised on hukd.

yeh, i used to think they were good, but with that transaction just going missing (and them claiming they had no record of it...which was quite clearly crap) and this latest issue with them reversing a payment request on payable cashback it is just making my trust in the whole thing very low.

...and then to come on here and say "With fair play in mind we thought the fairest thing to do for our members was to reverse the affected transactions,"

I am sorry WHAT! That is just mealy mouthed corporate/customer care bull****. Of course, they claim to be generally helpless when a transaction gets turned down for no good reason, but as soon as something happens that may benefit the customer they can't even entertain the idea of possibly losing a few quid. Nevermind all the advertised discounts that countless people haven't rightfully received.

My favourite was when something was pending for over a few months, then suddenly wnet payable at £0.00. I made a claim, but because it was over 60 days, i wasn't able to launch one...!? So the retailer could just wait until the 60 days were up , and then change pending cashback to 0.00 and not pay.

Whilst i enjoy the savings when it works, the whole trade stinks and the customer seems to have very little comeback. Yes, i know they hide behind the fact that cashback is not "guaranteed" but they know full well people base their purchasing decisions on the cashback on some occasions. How can you not, when such large amounts are offered sometimes?

It is a shady practice and in my opinion needs further regulation from trading standards.

This latest episode has tipped me into writing quite a lengthy letter about the whole cashback business to trading standards, as well as my MP.

What is even the point in it all anyway? Why don't the retailers just cut out the middle man and add these discounts on to their site directly. It all seems so ridiculous.

I guess as they say, "the house always wins"
I had 1 today for £50.00 confirmed for the last 3 months, payable last week then today gone back to being confirmed?
Topcash says its computer problem, lets just see if I get it or not?
A payment that had been pending since 2018 became payable recently. I did a payout request too
Got this email today.

39676530-jFzgn.jpg
jono814/01/2020 19:17

yeh, i used to think they were good, but with that transaction just going …yeh, i used to think they were good, but with that transaction just going missing (and them claiming they had no record of it...which was quite clearly crap) and this latest issue with them reversing a payment request on payable cashback it is just making my trust in the whole thing very low....and then to come on here and say "With fair play in mind we thought the fairest thing to do for our members was to reverse the affected transactions,"I am sorry WHAT! That is just mealy mouthed corporate/customer care bull****. Of course, they claim to be generally helpless when a transaction gets turned down for no good reason, but as soon as something happens that may benefit the customer they can't even entertain the idea of possibly losing a few quid. Nevermind all the advertised discounts that countless people haven't rightfully received.My favourite was when something was pending for over a few months, then suddenly wnet payable at £0.00. I made a claim, but because it was over 60 days, i wasn't able to launch one...!? So the retailer could just wait until the 60 days were up , and then change pending cashback to 0.00 and not pay.Whilst i enjoy the savings when it works, the whole trade stinks and the customer seems to have very little comeback. Yes, i know they hide behind the fact that cashback is not "guaranteed" but they know full well people base their purchasing decisions on the cashback on some occasions. How can you not, when such large amounts are offered sometimes? It is a shady practice and in my opinion needs further regulation from trading standards. This latest episode has tipped me into writing quite a lengthy letter about the whole cashback business to trading standards, as well as my MP.What is even the point in it all anyway? Why don't the retailers just cut out the middle man and add these discounts on to their site directly. It all seems so ridiculous. I guess as they say, "the house always wins"

Initially before making my payout claim I thought it was strange that so many went to payable at the same time. I put it down to possibly post Christmas they just got to work quick clearing the backlog. I even thought twice before clicking confirm.

Maybe they've banked on alot of people doing the same so in the confusion they can sneakily not return the correct amounts. Possibly a final hurrah before they wind up for good.

I'm lucky I haven't go huge amounts pending, the last few years I've gone direct to providers for better deals on things like Internet contracts which usually paid the most. I found that most of them after a bit of haggling already had the deals to match the post cashback rates.
Edited by: "squiby" 14th Jan
Mine went down by £10 today but the total amount is still the same 😳
well i got an email today to say that they are paying out my money, which i requested a few days ago so hopefully it will get to my bank soon.
squiby14/01/2020 20:01

Initially before making my payout claim I thought it was strange that so …Initially before making my payout claim I thought it was strange that so many went to payable at the same time. I put it down to possibly post Christmas they just got to work quick clearing the backlog. I even thought twice before clicking confirm. Maybe they've banked on alot of people doing the same so in the confusion they can sneakily not return the correct amounts. Possibly a final hurrah before they wind up for good.I'm lucky I haven't go huge amounts pending, the last few years I've gone direct to providers for better deals on things like Internet contracts which usually paid the most. I found that most of them after a bit of haggling already had the deals to match the post cashback rates.

i think the issue for me is that this sort of thing majorly erodes trust.

...and trust is THE biggest factor in using cashback sites. If you can't trust that payable means payable, and that when you request a payout that it will get paid, then the whole thing breaks down.

You have zero comeback and TCB and the etailers/affiliates seem to have zero accountability. It is all done behind closed doors, so you just have to trust that you are not being fleeced so when something like this happens, it erodes the trust that customers have with the cashback sites and makes you wonder what is really going on behind closed doors, with what should be your money.
i have received my cashback today so for me, the problem does not seem to exist.
mutley116/01/2020 17:54

i have received my cashback today so for me, the problem does not seem to …i have received my cashback today so for me, the problem does not seem to exist.

How can the problem not exist when a member of TCB has posted that there was a problem?
maccy1i16/01/2020 17:57

How can the problem not exist when a member of TCB has posted that there …How can the problem not exist when a member of TCB has posted that there was a problem?

my comment stated that 'for me', the problem does not exist. it is therefore not a problem that affects everyone by the look of it. hubby's account was also unaffected by this issue. it would appear that the problem affects some members but not all.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants