Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Toppik hair thickening fibres and airports

Posted 10th Jun 2019
Hope someone can help with this.

Ive recently been loosing my hair and I have been using Toppik fibres on my hair for it to look hide my problems.... And that's that.

I'm planning a holiday and will only be using my carry on luggage.
Id like to take my tube of fibres... But I'm concerned they might think if something more sinister.
Has anyone had any problems taking hair thickening fibres through customs at all?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Experienced with no issues
Just make sure you place it in the clear ‘sandwich’ bag with all your other liquids - for easy inspection.
Gollywood10/06/2019 22:22

Comment deleted

Haha funny scenario on a light hearted note as hair loss can be daunting!

Toptrumpet10/06/2019 23:20

Just make sure you place it in the clear ‘sandwich’ bag with all your oth …Just make sure you place it in the clear ‘sandwich’ bag with all your other liquids - for easy inspection.

Not a liquid so doesn’t need to be declared as such, no harm either.
DelilaD10/06/2019 23:27

Not a liquid so doesn’t need to be declared as such, no harm either.

Excuse my ignorance, but is it a powder ?
DelilaD10/06/2019 23:27

Haha funny scenario on a light hearted note as hair loss can be daunting! …Haha funny scenario on a light hearted note as hair loss can be daunting! Not a liquid so doesn’t need to be declared as such, no harm either.

Honestly wouldn’t worry about it, the things you see getting pulled out of bags in airports would make you cringe.
DelilaD10/06/2019 23:32

It is indeed.

Ok, but it still needs to go in a clear bag, and I agree with @eslick the things people put in the clear bags are eye opening.
Have agood holiday
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 10th Jun 2019
gov.uk/han…ons

less than 100ml and in a sealable clear plastic bag.

It isn't just obvious liquids, it includes gels, soups even your breakfast porridge!

The application of the rules is sometimes a bit arbitrary and dependant on the airport managements interpretation. My colleague had his home made hummus taken off him last week because he couldn't prove the tupperware container was 100ml.
Toptrumpet10/06/2019 23:34

Ok, but it still needs to go in a clear bag, and I agree with @eslick the …Ok, but it still needs to go in a clear bag, and I agree with @eslick the things people put in the clear bags are eye opening.Have agood holiday

Powders don’t need to go in a clear bag
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants