Tor Browser: Protect your privacy for free.

Posted 9th Jul
You see many people on here talking about VPN offers but even though VPNs have their uses (mainly for torrents), but for privacy they are not a good idea as you have to trust that provider to keep to their word on not logging user activity.

Tor is a network of nodes operated by a wide range of people including; organisations and individuals. You traffic is routed over three random nodes (Guad, Middle and Exit) to better protect your priviacy.

play.google.com/sto…_GB
Community Updates
11 Comments
Most of the discussion on VPN's i see on here are talking about how to get Netflix in a different region or for paying less for subscriptions. TOR isnt really any good for the average user, and for the users who it is good for, they'd probably know about it already.
TOR is also slow, it's not really for P2P
Good little vid on the subject:

TL:DW - Tor wins. Make your own mind up.
Tor is notorious for being the medium for illegal activities... using it would make the authorities question the reason for doing so.
"Not only may Tor not keep you hidden from law enforcement, using Tor may actually draw their attention: the NSA and FBI have specifically targeted Tor users in the past. And your ISP may not be thrilled about it either: Comcast has threatened to cut service to customers using Tor."
Is Tor Legal -findlaw

If the authorities could decrypt the drug dealers recently, how safe is Tor?
(I'm surprised, and disappointed, that this topic is permitted on what is ostensibly a bargain site)
Ringfinger09/07/2020 22:48

Tor is notorious for being the medium for illegal activities... using it …Tor is notorious for being the medium for illegal activities... using it would make the authorities question the reason for doing so."Not only may Tor not keep you hidden from law enforcement, using Tor may actually draw their attention: the NSA and FBI have specifically targeted Tor users in the past. And your ISP may not be thrilled about it either: Comcast has threatened to cut service to customers using Tor." Is Tor Legal -findlawIf the authorities could decrypt the drug dealers recently, how safe is Tor? (I'm surprised, and disappointed, that this topic is permitted on what is ostensibly a bargain site)

I think you've been reading too many tabloids (although at least you've removed your silly comments about it being a place for buying drugs and children!). And anyone with half a clue knows Tor isn't safe for illegal activities, it's long been the suspicion/presumption that law enforcement had a backdoor into it. Tor is not illegal, using it for illegal purposes is. But that applies to ANY browser, and almost any THING (ie doing 100mph down the M1 does not make cars illegal)
JDPower09/07/2020 23:07

I think you've been reading too many tabloids (although at least you've …I think you've been reading too many tabloids (although at least you've removed your silly comments about it being a place for buying drugs and children!). And anyone with half a clue knows Tor isn't safe for illegal activities, it's long been the suspicion/presumption that law enforcement had a backdoor into it. Tor is not illegal, using it for illegal purposes is. But that applies to ANY browser, and almost any THING (ie doing 100mph down the M1 does not make cars illegal)

Yes, but it facilitates illegal activities. To use your example of speeding down the M1... you wouldn't buy a Ferrari to deliver pizzas round town for dominos pizza. People do use it for illegal activities, it is considered the main access to illegal sites, and this is what it is mainly used for.
Ringfinger09/07/2020 23:25

Yes, but it facilitates illegal activities. To use your example of …Yes, but it facilitates illegal activities. To use your example of speeding down the M1... you wouldn't buy a Ferrari to deliver pizzas round town for dominos pizza. People do use it for illegal activities, it is considered the main access to illegal sites, and this is what it is mainly used for.

Tor Browser: Protect your privacy for free.

Tor provides the best security of any proxy that could can commonly get your hands on. It enables journalists to keep sources private, people in oppressed countries to access...its anti-fingerprint technology. People do all sorts of illegal rubbish with VPNs but you seams to push on Tor only for it. Have you been reading to much MSM?
ReecesWaffle9509/07/2020 12:44

Most of the discussion on VPN's i see on here are talking about how to get …Most of the discussion on VPN's i see on here are talking about how to get Netflix in a different region or for paying less for subscriptions. TOR isnt really any good for the average user, and for the users who it is good for, they'd probably know about it already.

Many people use VPNs thinking it will make them anonymous.
HotUKDealsHobo09/07/2020 13:11

TOR is also slow, it's not really for P2P

I have often able to stream 1080p over Tor and 720p over a .onion hidden service.
Ringfinger09/07/2020 23:25

Yes, but it facilitates illegal activities. To use your example of …Yes, but it facilitates illegal activities. To use your example of speeding down the M1... you wouldn't buy a Ferrari to deliver pizzas round town for dominos pizza. People do use it for illegal activities, it is considered the main access to illegal sites, and this is what it is mainly used for.

No, by your logic cars should be illegal cos some people speed. Ferraris especially as they're "notorious" for being "the medium for illegal activities"
The best reason for using TOR is its the only browser that doesn't use google lists. The internet used to be open, youll be suprised how much google hides from you.
Post a comment
@
    Text