Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Toreba

Posted 27th Feb
My daughter has won a prize on this apparently (I’m very sceptical)
But they are asking for card details....
even though prize is free.....

Thoughts please
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Card details for what???
Phsycronix27/02/2020 18:56

Card details for what???

Reviews would suggest for future purchases.
It will be a con.
I take it we are talking about the 'legit' Toreba Crane game? And your daughter DID actually play the game? I wonder if it's for identification purposes?
Phsycronix27/02/2020 19:21

I take it we are talking about the 'legit' Toreba Crane game? And your …I take it we are talking about the 'legit' Toreba Crane game? And your daughter DID actually play the game? I wonder if it's for identification purposes?

It is the legit game and she did play the game.
Dumb post, lacking detail yet begging for help & expecting others to fill in the _______'s
Why bother?
What is the prize that she won (or supposed to have won)?
rosecaitlin27/02/2020 19:22

It is the legit game and she did play the game.

In that case, I have no knowledge of it myself but as it's Japan based, there are shipping costs involved if your "TP" don't cover it. It's explained in their FAQ section:

toreba.net/en/…370

If you're not in Japan - I'd give it a miss...

Of course, I may be talking out of my exhaust pipe if there's a UK version that she's playing. I'm certain there must be details on any associated website that you can view.
Haircut_10027/02/2020 19:27

What is the prize that she won (or supposed to have won)?

Teddy bear - travelling frog stuffed toy tree
Mr_Gus27/02/2020 19:27

Dumb post, lacking detail yet begging for help & expecting others to fill …Dumb post, lacking detail yet begging for help & expecting others to fill in the _______'sWhy bother?

Dumb poster, no help to the thread
Why bother ?
Reading the "shipping" requirements - the TP points needed are huge! Honestly, I see this as a "carny" con hidden in plain sight. Win silly prizes and pay good money to get them. Really not worth it. Just buy your daughter some toys from a charity store. Keep her happy AND do some good for a cause.

I love the concept of playing something "real world" online but this is nothing more than those "ticket" machines you see in arcades. Kids pump loads of money to get 1000 tickets for a pencil sharpener! Not a con, but a very clever "con"cept to get your money.

I'd give this one a wide berth if I were you, rosecaitlin. Sorry if it upsets your daughter.

Regards, Phsy.
Phsycronix27/02/2020 19:42

Reading the "shipping" requirements - the TP points needed are huge! …Reading the "shipping" requirements - the TP points needed are huge! Honestly, I see this as a "carny" con hidden in plain sight. Win silly prizes and pay good money to get them. Really not worth it. Just buy your daughter some toys from a charity store. Keep her happy AND do some good for a cause.I love the concept of playing something "real world" online but this is nothing more than those "ticket" machines you see in arcades. Kids pump loads of money to get 1000 tickets for a pencil sharpener! Not a con, but a very clever "con"cept to get your money.I'd give this one a wide berth if I were you, rosecaitlin. Sorry if it upsets your daughter. Regards, Phsy.

I agree, I mentioned to her that I’d ask other people opinions and they are the same as mine, many thanks
rosecaitlin27/02/2020 19:49

I agree, I mentioned to her that I’d ask other people opinions and they a …I agree, I mentioned to her that I’d ask other people opinions and they are the same as mine, many thanks

May I ask how she managed to play the game without buying any tokens? Did she get some "free" credit to tempt her into playing? That's usually how they work...
This post just reminded me of a story.

I was in an amusement arcade many years ago and a group of young lads were playing a similar style "crane" game to win a HUGE 1kg bar of Dairy Milk choccy. At 50p a go, I watched them put (between them) over £15 into the machine - then called it a day when they were so, so close. I'm sure you've already guessed the ending...

50p for a big ol' bar of chocolate. I did feel guilty though...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants