Tories are lying to the voters over Brexit

Found 3rd Feb
Matthew Parris eviscerates the Tories, May, Rees-Mogg et al in The Times today.

Brexiters must be fuming at the handling of this whole thing, being treated like mugs.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Really because even the incompetent PM just secured 7 billion with of trade deals in three days with China.

ROLL ON BREXIT!
deleted1431257
Posted by the HUKD leader in Misc Fake News, HEAWD!!!
On the BBC at the moment Treasury forecasts have been politicised by remainers.

Reality appears that Brexit to have no negative effect on the UK economy.

bbc.co.uk/new…071
Biddy217 m ago

Good god, HEAWD. Are you this arrogant in real life or just on the …Good god, HEAWD. Are you this arrogant in real life or just on the internet?

Come on biddy, what do you think? You think he might be Mr Nice Guy at home? That everyone loves him, he's got loads of friends, but he gets bored with all that so he comes on here and and puts on a completely different persona to try to make people dislike him?

I can say with a high degree of certainty that the 'people' you see on here are just the same as they are in real life. Most people can't be bothered pretending to be someone else on here. It's too much like hard work.
174 Comments
thetimes.co.uk/art…cw5

There's a free version out there too. Enjoy.
Treated like muggles
deleted800342
Politicians lying is news?
On the BBC at the moment Treasury forecasts have been politicised by remainers.

Reality appears that Brexit to have no negative effect on the UK economy.

bbc.co.uk/new…071
Really because even the incompetent PM just secured 7 billion with of trade deals in three days with China.

ROLL ON BREXIT!
33192547-8L8t0.jpg
deleted1431257
Posted by the HUKD leader in Misc Fake News, HEAWD!!!
Have a great Saturday everyone
That's why I never vote for anything.
When it all goes tits up, I still have a clear conscience that I didn't contribute to the disaster and I can still moan about it on the internet
Edited by: "Derek_Horatio_Shatwell" 3rd Feb
What's this BREXIT you mentioned?
33192834-Qv6EM.jpg
Graham19791 h, 37 m ago

Really because even the incompetent PM just secured 7 billion with of …Really because even the incompetent PM just secured 7 billion with of trade deals in three days with China.ROLL ON BREXIT!

33192988-8dgm9.jpg

33192988-FrIcD.jpg

In other news it's Saturday.
Graham19791 h, 50 m ago

Really because even the incompetent PM just secured 7 billion with of …Really because even the incompetent PM just secured 7 billion with of trade deals in three days with China.ROLL ON BREXIT!

Oh wonderful even more in hook to the Chinese
yes signs of tory competence everywhere

theguardian.com/soc…ons
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell1 h, 6 m ago

That's why I never vote for anything.When it all goes tits up, I still …That's why I never vote for anything.When it all goes tits up, I still have a clear conscience that I didn't contribute to the disaster and I can still moan about it on the internet

? How could you have a clear conscience to moan about it? You cannot moan about something that you did not make a choice when a choice is presented to you. For example, a simple one:-

In a restaurant, you can vote for :-

1. Sirloin Steak
2. Rump Steak

You did not choose, a vegetarian dish turns up or nothing because you did not order/vote.
Then it is your own fault by default. You should moan at yourself!
That's why in some countries, it is compulsory to vote.
If Brexit fails that will be the end of true democracy in Britain. It could even lead to open hostility between the bulk of the Uk against London and its biased media and its biased economic civil servants.
The very people that claim this country will go down for many years are using pretty much guesswork and pessimism. Economics modelling relies on being able to trace similarities in the past and adjust for the current situation, since we have nothing to model this on there is no way to predict whether the economy will go up or down. Many people are working to make this a success rather than a failure and all we hear from the stay camp is whinge and whine. Stop messing about and free up peoples time to get on and make this a success. After all we are leaving like it or not and if it fails because you are too busy trying to pick holes in everything it won’t bring you much comfort when you lose your home, have no job and have no benefits. Stay camp need to get over it and get on with helping us make this country and this situation
a success. Let’s put a very in front of Great Britain and a very in front of United Kingdom!
Graham19792 h, 31 m ago

You realise these things are choreographed over months so they get signed off during these visits right? Probably not.
More deals with Communist China yay!
Loss of sovereignty to Communist China instead of Europe yay!
Maybe some of the deals are for Chinese face-recognition CCTV, the Maybot's into stuff like that.

Edit: also we're able to negotiate these deals while still in the EU
Edited by: "Cr0m" 3rd Feb
groenleader5 h, 3 m ago

On the BBC at the moment Treasury forecasts have been politicised by …On the BBC at the moment Treasury forecasts have been politicised by remainers. Reality appears that Brexit to have no negative effect on the UK economy. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42929071

Don't mean to be a ****, but since it hasn't happened yet, how can you possibly come to that conclusion?
Edited by moderator: "removed swear word" 3rd Feb
deleted1431257
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell1 h, 35 m ago

That's why I never vote for anything.When it all goes tits up, I still …That's why I never vote for anything.When it all goes tits up, I still have a clear conscience that I didn't contribute to the disaster and I can still moan about it on the internet

Tell that to the all the voting age youth who didn’t vote in the referendum, yet had the nerve to cry about the result.
Wongy11044 m ago

Oh wonderful even more in hook to the Chinese yes signs of tory competence …Oh wonderful even more in hook to the Chinese yes signs of tory competence everywherehttps://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/02/tory-run-council-runs-out-of-money-to-meet-obligations

That council would of run out of money whoever was running it, the problem goes back to last decade to Blair and Brown and beyond.

33193303-7RiWD.jpg
hass1236 m ago

Tell that to the all the voting age youth who didn’t vote in the r …Tell that to the all the voting age youth who didn’t vote in the referendum, yet had the nerve to cry about the result.

Are they all xbots too?
cmdr_elito20 m ago

After all we are leaving like it or not and if it fails because you are …After all we are leaving like it or not and if it fails because you are too busy trying to pick holes in everything

So you’re saying if it is a success, then it’ll be “I told you so” from the leave camp and if it fails then it is the remain camps fault too, even though they didn’t vote for it?
catbeans1 m ago

That council would of run out of money whoever was running it, the problem …That council would of run out of money whoever was running it, the problem goes back to last decade to Blair and Brown and beyond.[Image]

Oh right so is everything what utter BS.
cmdr_elito27 m ago

The very people that claim this country will go down for many years are …The very people that claim this country will go down for many years are using pretty much guesswork and pessimism. Economics modelling relies on being able to trace similarities in the past and adjust for the current situation, since we have nothing to model this on there is no way to predict whether the economy will go up or down. Many people are working to make this a success rather than a failure and all we hear from the stay camp is whinge and whine. Stop messing about and free up peoples time to get on and make this a success. After all we are leaving like it or not and if it fails because you are too busy trying to pick holes in everything it won’t bring you much comfort when you lose your home, have no job and have no benefits. Stay camp need to get over it and get on with helping us make this country and this situationa success. Let’s put a very in front of Great Britain and a very in front of United Kingdom!

Very lovely except the country isn't united.

Before the vote, this country's economy was great. Yet some whiners who couldn't hack out voted for an uncertain future that could damage the economy irreparably.

People like me didn't want change because things were great.

Those who disagreed had only themselves to blame for their lot in life.

What you've created now is a whole load of people who don't care about the united kingdom anymore. 17 million Brits voted to damage their livelihood so forget them.

Privatise the NHS. Let the economy get a whack because it's about looking after number one now.

Except the Tories don't want that. Most of them know how stupid brexit is for the economy and that's all that matters.
Biddy210 m ago

So you’re saying if it is a success, then it’ll be “I told you so” from the …So you’re saying if it is a success, then it’ll be “I told you so” from the leave camp and if it fails then it is the remain camps fault too, even though they didn’t vote for it?

No I’m saying that they are shooting themselves in the foot by demonstrating the behaviours we are currently seeing from remainers. We had the vote, the vote to leave has won and now we all just need to get on with it. Making a big deal out of baseless economics reports (which are complete pessimistic guesswork) won’t change a thing except stop laws/bills being looked at and trade deals being worked out and agreed.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals11 m ago

Very lovely except the country isn't united.Before the vote, this …Very lovely except the country isn't united.Before the vote, this country's economy was great. Yet some whiners who couldn't hack out voted for an uncertain future that could damage the economy irreparably.People like me didn't want change because things were great.Those who disagreed had only themselves to blame for their lot in life.What you've created now is a whole load of people who don't care about the united kingdom anymore. 17 million Brits voted to damage their livelihood so forget them.Privatise the NHS. Let the economy get a whack because it's about looking after number one now.Except the Tories don't want that. Most of them know how stupid brexit is for the economy and that's all that matters.

I disagree. The country was not united before it, otherwise more people wouldn’t have voted out than voted remain, the fact that you have it good doesn’t mean the country was good and that everyone was being fairly rewarded. The economy wasn’t really any better than it is now except the pound was trading a bit higher (but it’s now recovering on announcement of the trade deals, very normal reaction to a bit of uncertainty you get a fall and then recovery as certainty returns), stock markets are smashing records, economy is still growing, low unemployment. Retail continues to struggle and not too much should be read into that as it was happening well before this vote was even considered (to name a few Woolworths, Zavi, hmv all had problems).
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 3rd Feb
cmdr_elito9 m ago

No I’m saying that they are shooting themselves in the foot by d …No I’m saying that they are shooting themselves in the foot by demonstrating the behaviours we are currently seeing from remainers. We had the vote, the vote to leave has won and now we all just need to get on with it. Making a big deal out of baseless economics reports (which are complete pessimistic guesswork) won’t change a thing except stop laws/bills being looked at and trade deals being worked out and agreed.

The denigration of experts is a uniquely brexiter trait. They really are the flat earthers of the uk, trapped in their economically deprived towns and villages.

Yes you voted for brexit because you weren't happy. So what? Nobody cares.
deleted1431257
MSK.22 m ago

Are they all xbots too?

Worse, idiots who can’t accept the valid result of a vote.
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 3rd Feb
cmdr_elito7 m ago

I disagree. The country was not united before it, otherwise more people …I disagree. The country was not united before it, otherwise more people wouldn’t have voted out than voted remain, the fact that you have it good doesn’t mean the country was good and that everyone was being fairly rewarded. The economy wasn’t really any better than it is now except the pound was trading a bit higher (but it’s now recovering on announcement of the trade deals, very normal reaction to a bit of uncertainty you get a fall and then recovery as certainty returns), stock markets are smashing records, economy is still growing, low unemployment. Retail continues to struggle and not too much should be read into that as it was happening well before this vote was even considered (to name a few Woolworths, Zavi, hmv all had problems).

The country probably wasn't united.

The affluent, growing cities that largely voted remain had a greater share of the wealth whilst the economically deprived towns were left behind.

Thing is the cities drive this great country so we ignore the rest.

Brexit gave a voice to the ignored man. But there's a reason he was ignored.
hass1234 m ago

Worse, idiots who can’t accept the valid result of a vote.

We accept the outcome. We just think listening to brexiters is going to be bad for the economy because they're not that smart.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals12 m ago

The denigration of experts is a uniquely brexiter trait. They really are …The denigration of experts is a uniquely brexiter trait. They really are the flat earthers of the uk, trapped in their economically deprived towns and villages. Yes you voted for brexit because you weren't happy. So what? Nobody cares.

I voted out, live on the edge of a city in a nice house, have a 67plate motor and a good job. I ain’t racist, have no problem with people coming here to work (they often work harder than many brits). I voted for brexit because it is the best decision given the challenges in the world and to ensure my children have a bright future.

Remainers = low risk, low reward.
Brexiteers = medium risk, high reward.
Here's the truth about immigration. It doesn't affect everyone. Immigrants near me are GPs and engineers whose expertise strengthens us.

Immigrants near other people are unskilled and speak bad English if any. But they're cheaper to employ than their unskilled British counterparts.

They don't live near us and the areas they do aren't worth investment.

Immigration for me means cheaper labour and a tidy spin bowler in the summer.

Immigration for others means depressed wages, greater strain on services and more disjointed communities.

But the people who matter in this country don't care. Nothing is going to change. 17 million people will be ignored, but in a way you won't really notice.
cmdr_elito5 m ago

I voted out, live on the edge of a city in a nice house, have a 67plate …I voted out, live on the edge of a city in a nice house, have a 67plate motor and a good job. I ain’t racist, have no problem with people coming here to work (they often work harder than many brits). I voted for brexit because it is the best decision given the challenges in the world and to ensure my children have a bright future.Remainers = low risk, low reward.Brexiteers = medium risk, high reward.

You can be whomever you wish to be on the internet.

I voted remain so my kids could enjoy the same opportunities that myself and my wife enjoyed.

You voted leave because you thought your kids couldn't succeed under the status quo. So either you reckon the chances you had weren't good enough to give you the life you say you have, or you don't have much faith in your kids.

And you can get a 67 plate car on lease for easily less than £150 a month now, probably less on PHP.

So you're basically saying you can blow a grand on a car. Yo playa, how are you not in a rap video with so much swag?
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals15 m ago

You can be whomever you wish to be on the internet.I voted remain so my …You can be whomever you wish to be on the internet.I voted remain so my kids could enjoy the same opportunities that myself and my wife enjoyed.You voted leave because you thought your kids couldn't succeed under the status quo. So either you reckon the chances you had weren't good enough to give you the life you say you have, or you don't have much faith in your kids.And you can get a 67 plate car on lease for easily less than £150 a month now, probably less on PHP.So you're basically saying you can blow a grand on a car. Yo playa, how are you not in a rap video with so much swag?

Sure there’s no way to validate on the internet, I mean you could be a paedophile and like being part of the eu as it allows you to travel with minimal checks but again that’s the internet of course.

I voted out because my kids and others will have better opportunities in a better uk which is able to change what it needs to stay successful and adaptive in a fast changing world. Something many would call competitive edge.
cmdr_elito7 m ago

Sure there’s no way to validate on the internet, I mean you could be a p …Sure there’s no way to validate on the internet, I mean you could be a paedophile and like being part of the eu as it allows you to travel with minimal checks but again that’s the internet of course.I voted out because my kids and others will have better opportunities in a better uk which is able to change what it needs to stay successful and adaptive in a fast changing world.

And the beauty of the internet is you can say stuff like that behind the safety of your keyboard.

This country has always adapted and thrived during its membership of the eu. I don’t know now what opportunities you think will be easier for your kids to succeed in post-Brexit.

Honestly, you might have been better getting them a tutor and voting remain than overextending yourself on a leased i20.
Just seen competitive edge.

thus country’s competitive edge was based on ignoring your typical Brexit voter. We gave industry the freedom it needed. Now we’re spending years throwing up roadblocks.

For a man who thinks his kids need more opportunities than he had, competitive edge is a laughable phrase to throw in
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals1 h, 11 m ago

.People like me didn't want change because things were great.Those who ….People like me didn't want change because things were great.Those who disagreed had only themselves to blame for their lot in life.

So it seems that if your life after Brexit isn't quite as great then you've got your excuse in place. That's rather hypocritical
Edited by: "OllieSt" 3rd Feb
OllieSt4 m ago

So it seems that if your life after Brexit isn't quite as great then …So it seems that if your life after Brexit isn't quite as great then you've got your excuse in place. That's rather hypocritical

It might not be. Who knows what will happen? My partner and I can only do so much.

But the point I was making was that 17 million people voted for uncertainty for the whole country despite life going well for millions of people.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals6 m ago

It might not be. Who knows what will happen? My partner and I can only do …It might not be. Who knows what will happen? My partner and I can only do so much.But the point I was making was that 17 million people voted for uncertainty for the whole country despite life going well for millions of people.

I would say how ever hard you try, it's always possible to try harder. It's human nature to be scared of the unknown. Man up and stop whinging.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants