Tories' licence to kill a burglar:

Found 21st Dec 2009
Homeowners using self-defence should escape prosecution, says shadow minister

Homeowners would be handed a licence to kill burglars by a Tory government.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling raised the election stakes on crime by promising law-abiding citizens extra rights to defend themselves.

They will get my vote.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
62 Comments

grayling was on tv this morning and said he proposed the use of "reasonable force" be reviewed and said it was not a "licence to kill a burglar"-he was not happy the tabloids had come up with this headline calling it "ridiculous"

Banned

The rules are way too strict. If someone comes in your house threatening to kill you and your family, like the case of an asian family recently on the news, I would chase and beat them down if I had the chance as well. Killing them is a different story though

Banned

barky;7295753

grayling was on tv this morning and said he proposed the use of … grayling was on tv this morning and said he proposed the use of "reasonable force" be reviewed and said it was not a "licence to kill a burglar"-he was not happy the tabloids had come up with this headline calling it "ridiculous"

Sensationalist reporting for window-lickers.

ryman1000;7295771

The rules are way too strict. If someone comes in your house threatening … The rules are way too strict. If someone comes in your house threatening to kill you and your family, like the case of an asian family recently on the news, I would chase and beat them down if I had the chance as well. Killing them is a different story though

this is an interesting case that is being used today on the news-now,I am all for being allowed to use force to defend your home and family,but in this case,the man had already left the premises,had been beaten to the ground and was then coshed over the head with a cricket bat was he not? is that reasonable?

If they break in,kill them,I have no problem with that.

An Englishman's home is his castle.

Original Poster

barky;7295810

this is an interesting case that is being used today on the news-now,I am … this is an interesting case that is being used today on the news-now,I am all for being allowed to use force to defend your home and family,but in this case,the man had already left the premises,had been beaten to the ground and was then coshed over the head with a cricket bat was he not? is that reasonable?

To me, yes.
If some smack head breaks into your property then he/it should be prepared to face the consequences.
Most would have done the same thing IMO

Original Poster

boothy;7295839

If they break in,kill them,I have no problem with that.An Englishman's … If they break in,kill them,I have no problem with that.An Englishman's home is his castle.

Agree

The Tories will get my vote regardless. Labour have destroyed this country by opening up the flood gates for every man and his dog from overseas to get help, but if you have lived and worked here all your life you get jack.
And as for all this "Human rights" malarky...its a disgrace. if someone breaks into your house, you should be able to protect it (every Englishmans home is his castle). What has happened recently to the asain family and Tony martin before them just goes to show how far out of touch our judicail system has become!

OMG..That was a bit of a rant

FilthAndFurry;7295804

Sensationalist reporting for window-lickers.

If someone broke into your house you would just bore them to death within a minute of entry,not sure how that would lie with the current laws.

skusey;7295844

To me, yes.If some smack head breaks into your property then he/it should … To me, yes.If some smack head breaks into your property then he/it should be prepared to face the consequences.Most would have done the same thing IMO

Im not disagreeing with you-INSIDE your home they should be fair game imho and anything should go,but once they have left/run away,the threat to your family is gone and I dont consider it reasonable to chase,beat to the ground outside and batter with a cricket bat-you should be allowed to do anything you like within your home but once they leave thats your rights of defence gone-just my opinion.

Original Poster

boothy;7295891

If someone broke into your house you would just bore them to death within … If someone broke into your house you would just bore them to death within a minute of entry,not sure how that would lie with the current laws.

fnaar:)

razorcuts;7295879

The Tories will get my vote regardless. Labour have destroyed this … The Tories will get my vote regardless. Labour have destroyed this country by opening up the flood gates for every man and his dog from overseas to get help, but if you have lived and worked here all your life you get jack.And as for all this "Human rights" malarky...its a disgrace. if someone breaks into your house, you should be able to protect it (every Englishmans home is his castle). What has happened recently to the asain family and Tony martin before them just goes to show how far out of touch our judicail system has become!OMG..That was a bit of a rant

Well said,agree with everything except I wont be voting for the Tories.....

Original Poster

barky;7295897

Im not disagreeing with you-INSIDE your home they should be fair game … Im not disagreeing with you-INSIDE your home they should be fair game imho and anything should go,but once they have left/run away,the threat to your family is gone and I dont consider it reasonable to chase,beat to the ground outside and batter with a cricket bat-you should be allowed to do anything you like within your home but once they leave thats your rights of defence gone-just my opinion.

So, he was expected to 'chill' once he fled his property.
Personally he must have been raging inside and it would be very hard to let things lie?

Banned

razorcuts;7295879

The Tories will get my vote regardless. Labour have destroyed this … The Tories will get my vote regardless. Labour have destroyed this country by opening up the flood gates for every man and his dog from overseas to get help, but if you have lived and worked here all your life you get jack.And as for all this "Human rights" malarky...its a disgrace. if someone breaks into your house, you should be able to protect it (every Englishmans home is his castle). What has happened recently to the asain family and Tony martin before them just goes to show how far out of touch our judicail system has become!OMG..That was a bit of a rant

Wow - two whole cases almost a decade apart that you clearly don't know the facts about.

It's an epidemic I tells ya.

Also....

theytoookourjobsss

Both protected their house and both got sent down?? what else is there to know??

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/63671.jpg

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;7295941

Wow - two whole cases almost a decade apart that you clearly don't know … Wow - two whole cases almost a decade apart that you clearly don't know the facts about.It's an epidemic I tells ya.Also....theytoookourjobsss

defending the drug scum as usual?

skusey;7295972

defending the drug scum as usual?

what do you expect,probably read it in the Guardian whilst not washing

Original Poster

boothy;7295994

what do you expect,probably read it in the Guardian whilst not washing

window licking soap dodger:)

Banned

razorcuts;7295956

Both protected their house and both got sent down?? what else is there to … Both protected their house and both got sent down?? what else is there to know??

The facts....

Sloth/Mod

And under there proposed reform............the man with the bat still would have been charged

Original Poster

Syzable;7296017

And under there proposed reform............the man with the bat still … And under there proposed reform............the man with the bat still would have been charged

Howzat?:whistling:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/4/6949075_28f29cc498.jpg

Banned

Syzable;7296017

And under there proposed reform............the man with the bat still … And under there proposed reform............the man with the bat still would have been charged

Sshh....facts have no place in this thread:whistling:

But you are of course correct.

please share the facts then filthy

Original Poster

razorcuts;7296065

please share the facts then [SIZE="7"]filthy[/SIZE]

:w00t:

opps..my bad

A lot of burglars are illegals as well according to facts & figures

Banned

razorcuts;7296065

please share the facts then filthy

The facts are a matter of public record.

barky;7295810

this is an interesting case that is being used today on the news-now,I am … this is an interesting case that is being used today on the news-now,I am all for being allowed to use force to defend your home and family,but in this case,the man had already left the premises,had been beaten to the ground and was then coshed over the head with a cricket bat was he not? is that reasonable?

if the scumbag had chose not to enter his house he would be fine and dandy now, it was his choice to b & e :thumbsup:

ohdaesu;7296197

if the scumbag had chose not to enter his house he would be fine and … if the scumbag had chose not to enter his house he would be fine and dandy now, it was his choice to b & e :thumbsup:

This is what the judge said about the people who got jailed last week ""This case is a tragedy for you and your families. Sadly, I have no doubt that my public duty requires me to impose immediate prison sentences of some length upon you. This is in order to reflect the serious consequences of your violent acts and intent and to make it absolutely clear that, whatever the circumstances, persons cannot take the law into their own hands, or carry out revenge attacks upon a person who has offended them."

I totally agree with him.

boothy;7296108

A lot of burglars are illegals as well according to facts & figures

Good old facts & figures. So do you have direct line to them? Meet them down the pub on a Saturday?

Here's a fact and a figure in one.

100% of vague quotes about "facts & figures" add nothing to the sum of human knowledge.

If the scum element chose to break into your house.....Kill em all...or even better.... tourtoure them to a slow and painful death.

Thats my opinion anyway

A lot of these burglars prey on the same House/Victim time and again as they are an easy target. If I was awoke by a noise in the middle of the night and someone was downstairs I would use all force necessary, U dont know there reasons for being there, could be just robbers but they could be rapists or killers.

Banned

razorcuts;7296278

If the scum element chose to break into your house.....Kill em all...or … If the scum element chose to break into your house.....Kill em all...or even better.... tourtoure them to a slow and painful death.Thats my opinion anyway

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XIOBk4rtWNg/Sm9bnwHF-LI/AAAAAAAAADQ/M_6G_0okNAc/s400/toure.jpghttp://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/downloads/sala_premsa/fotos/retrats/TOURE.jpg

OOoppps... to much wine i think. that should have read "Torture"

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;7296187

The facts are a matter of public record.

razorcuts;7296359

OOoppps... to much wine i think. that should have read "Torture"

hence the sarcastic soap dodgers pic
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/pauls7010/_46206945_-1-1.jpg

I don't think I should be legally entitled to kill anyone for breaking into my house but if I caught them I'd probably do it regardless....

Banned

dcx_badass;7295785

Maybe not to kill, but definately more rights.

Not kill, just perhaps mame, Or castrate

people who break in and tie you and your family up threatning to kill you deserve what they get. if it happened to me and my kids i would be in such a fit of rage, of course you would chase them down and beat the hell out of them. otherwise they would be away and doing it to someone else the next day.
should have pleaded temporary insanity as it was done in pure rage.

p.s. don't forget he thought his son whad been killed by this guy as he had dissapeared from the seen soon after one of them said they were going to kill him and chase after him. But i don't belive in blanket laws on protection, every case is different. I don't think this guy should have been sent down , but some sort of conditional discharge .
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974
    4. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…11

See more discussions