Expired

Torrentday is going private 31/07/11, get your FREE account today

Found 2nd Jul 2011
This is one of THE BEST Torrent sites at the moment, Very Fast Tracker 1.5mb most of the time....

TorrentDay IS going private. We have decided this is the time, this the place; and the when? July 31st.

Does that mean we will change the requirements for existing members?
Of course not.

Does that mean we will change the existing members?
Of course not. All our existing members are coming with us.... if they want.. TD only wants happy members

What we strongly suggest however, is that you tell everyone you know to join BEFORE we become a private site. So go now. Shoo.... quickly. Before we close out doors.

Get your family, your friends and even your enemies to come on down. Where?
To TorrentDay; the absolute best site in existence. Before we close our doors
Community Updates
27 Comments
I've not used a torrent site before. (i've heard lots of stories about malware attacks and the like).
Have any of the good folks on here use this one, and would they recommend it to a torrent virgin, like.

Ta Mark.
I have always stayed away from torrents. And I have the similar concept like yours, captainredbeard.
i use this for general downloads, thebox.biz for my tv series etc.. but this is a clean site with a good tracker.

As long as you have good virus protection such as Avast, and a good firewall such as zone alarm free, you shoul not have any worrys

Avast has early warning detection, and i cant fault it.

Have fun with your downloads

Daz
Any torrent site can be dangerous - but ultimately its only down to you what you download....

Simple rules of thumb are:

Check other user comments/ratings
Dont download zip files
Virus scan your downloads
If it looks shoddy - it probably is!

Its all good - but not everyone agrees so prepare for anti-torrent site comments too!
Best idea is just go to torrentz.com and a search allows you to pick from over 30 top BT sites. I should also point out torrentfreak.com for news and discussion.

Then if you want to avoid torrents try filestube.com for more direct downloads.
I wouldnt use torrent sites these days for copyrighted material like music / films but TV shows should be ok.
walking in the stret is dangerous.... standing at a buss sttop is dangerous.... LIFE IS DANGEROUS!

its like anything really, if you want to use the info provided great, if its not for you great!.

but let people make there own choice.

I`ve been using torrent`s for years and never had a single problem.

As has been said before check the comments/rating of any perticular thing your going to download.

I have found the sites that require invites/ have closed registrations are pretty good, and have never had a torrent from "THE BOX" that has been anything other than as described.

I would say 95% of my stuff comes from reputable torrent sites.
Sorry but this is just registering for an account, i fail to see how why this would be posted on here, especially when it promotes piracy.

CaptainRedBeard

I've not used a torrent site before. (i've heard lots of stories about … I've not used a torrent site before. (i've heard lots of stories about malware attacks and the like). Have any of the good folks on here use this one, and would they recommend it to a torrent virgin, like. :)Ta Mark.

I'd recommend thepiratebay.org.

It's the most popular torrent site in existence; always on the news, but it's still going despite requests for it to be shut down.

The general rule is to look for the skull and crossbones next to a torrent's name on piratebay. If it has a skull and crossbones, it's 99.9% likely to be safe, because it's been uploaded from a "VIP" or something similar.

I've never used or even heard of torrentday.com, so I can't comment on this freebie. What I will say is, if someone running a community wanted to go private, they'd do it straight away. If a site wanted hits (for advertising and the like), they could use this approach too.
wghennessy

Sorry but this is just registering for an account, i fail to see how why … Sorry but this is just registering for an account, i fail to see how why this would be posted on here, especially when it promotes piracy.

Err, with that logic Google promotes piracy. I can use Google to find many illegal things, just like I could use torrentday. Should all talk of Google, and other search engines, be banned as well?
csiman

I wouldnt use torrent sites these days for copyrighted material like … I wouldnt use torrent sites these days for copyrighted material like music / films but TV shows should be ok.

TV shows are just as copyrighted as any of the other things you mention and you may get sued for them as well (although I don't know the specifics about how much of that is happening).
lordmedikit

TV shows are just as copyrighted as any of the other things you mention … TV shows are just as copyrighted as any of the other things you mention and you may get sued for them as well (although I don't know the specifics about how much of that is happening).

believe me, you wouldnt get your internet restricted / taken to court for TV shows. They are becoming increasingly concerned with films / music downloads.
not a bad site really.Btjunkie has been playing silly buggers for a while now,so change is good.

thanks
I have always used isohunt with no problems on a laptop running ubuntu. Would this site be any better?
I like to have a coice, sometimes a site/tracker will go down, so its nice to have a couple of regular places you can go in the event of 1 being down.

dont think of it as an alternative... more of an extra place to go!
I use high level private trackers, torrentleech is one of them. And I would definitely recommend torrentday. It compares to high level trackers, and has a vast community. I think that's why they're going private
chrisxuk

Err, with that logic Google promotes piracy. I can use Google to find … Err, with that logic Google promotes piracy. I can use Google to find many illegal things, just like I could use torrentday. Should all talk of Google, and other search engines, be banned as well?

Last time I checked, Google didn't host their own tracker. This site, Pirate Bay, and others, aren't just search engines.
Savo

I have always used isohunt with no problems on a laptop running ubuntu. … I have always used isohunt with no problems on a laptop running ubuntu. Would this site be any better?

yes
One Word "Newsleecher"
I know of someone who got billed for £300 for a single song download, tracked by his ip
Not used torrents in years. I'd highly recommend everyone use Usenet instead. It's as cheap as £6 per month now for unlimited downloads at the very MAXIMUM speed your internet can handle.

Usenet + 50meg broadband is unreal
maxmax

One Word "Newsleecher"

Newsleecher is $20/year minimum...anyone used SpotNet or BinTube? Any other free recommendations?
great....
Moved to misc as info.
paul.jacobs

I know of someone who got billed for £300 for a single song download, … I know of someone who got billed for £300 for a single song download, tracked by his ip

He might have got 'billed', probably by Andrew Crossley, he might have even paid this 'bill', I don't believe he was taken to court and told to pay though, was he?
CHalligan

Not used torrents in years. I'd highly recommend everyone use Usenet … Not used torrents in years. I'd highly recommend everyone use Usenet instead. It's as cheap as £6 per month now for unlimited downloads at the very MAXIMUM speed your internet can handle.Usenet + 50meg broadband is unreal

True that! I am on torrentleech and they are the premium tracker at the moment, but NOTHING beats USENET for download!!!. Have to wait until I move home to get back onto it though. Cancelling it after years of use was one of my saddest days! Just as the 100mb came into my area too!

Edited by: "fiftyg" 3rd Jul 2011
What's so hard about scanning a download, or googling its name to see comments on it. If you half know how to use a computer you shouldn't have a problem. If you don't realise a 5MB file isn't a movie then your computer not being on the interwebz is a good thing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions