Torrenting

How Can I anonymously?
Jack

17 Comments

it is

use proxy in your torrent client
such as TOR...
available as standalone (need to install Privoxy as well)
or as a bundle at vidalia bundle

when you download a torrent its like water running through a pipe so how can they see what colour the water is through the pipe,as soon as they break into the pipe the stream stops

Original Poster

raptorcigs;2530147

when you download a torrent its like water running through a pipe so how … when you download a torrent its like water running through a pipe so how can they see what colour the water is through the pipe,as soon as they break into the pipe the stream stops

what lol?

Turn on encryption. Use uTorrent.

when you download a torrent its like water running through a pipe so how … when you download a torrent its like water running through a pipe so how can they see what colour the water is through the pipe,as soon as they break into the pipe the stream stops

but you still can tell where the water flows to and how many pipes you're installing

and thats what they (anti P2P organizations that is) did to catch us

anyway... its an extra protection although itll cost speed a bit

cuzzy;2530134

Is this what you want?.... Peerguardianhttp://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/

thats a diffrent thing...

peerguardian and protowall are P2P firewall software designed to deny any anti P2P organizations or other 'bad' IPs to connect to your compy

Just to add you can't hide what your own ISP sees.

masterbrown;2530243

yep thats true i'm affraid

and thats where proxy may help. cos proxy setting will show your connection to the proxy IPs/network, not to directly the torrent/tracker IPs

Original Poster

So is there much point trying to torrent anonymously?

Torrenting
"How Can I anonymously?"

By not asking this question in a forum used by thousands?

It's all in the news ;-)

I am about to show my ignorance . . .

I have often heard mention of this 'torrenting'.

Please can someone improve my education by telling me: What is torrenting? :?

masterbrown;2530243

You can, simple example, Web portal to NHS network via VPN by law the ISP cannot even if they wanted to see the encrypted traffic, Patient Confidentiality.

dcx_badass;2530788

A file distribution method, it has legit uses, but it's mainly used to … A file distribution method, it has legit uses, but it's mainly used to illegally download films/music/software etc.

Its not the tool its how its used.

Thanks, dcx-badass. Now I know what torrenting means.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763842
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846061
    3. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2342
    4. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders33

See more discussions