Toshiba 42XV555DB 42" HD-Ready 1080p LCD TV

Found 17th Feb 2009
i have bought this tv from argos but cant get the picture quality very good, is there anyway i can find out the best settings for the picture? thanks

11 Comments

Without knowing what you're trying to watch through it, I can't see how anyone's going to be able to help you.

Original Poster

Xb0xGuru;4404463

Without knowing what you're trying to watch through it, I can't see how … Without knowing what you're trying to watch through it, I can't see how anyone's going to be able to help you.

what do you mean? im watching sky tv. I mean the settings on the tv like the contract, colour, sharpness, etc?

some dvd's (actual dvd's - not dvd players) have a feature in their menu to fine tune images

think it's called thx or something

Backlight - 65
Contrast - 70
Brightness - 55
Colour - 50
Tint - 0
Sharpness - minus 25
Black/White - off
Cinema Mode - Off
Colour Temp - Natural
Red - minus 3
Green - Minus 1
Blue - 0

try that and get bk to us

acecatcher3;4404593

Backlight - 65Contrast - 70Brightness - 55Colour - 50Tint - 0Sharpness - … Backlight - 65Contrast - 70Brightness - 55Colour - 50Tint - 0Sharpness - minus 25Black/White - offCinema Mode - OffColour Temp - NaturalRed - minus 3Green - Minus 1Blue - 0try that and get bk to us

Your chest looks the same as my granddad's.

nkje02;4404480

what do you mean? im watching sky tv. I mean the settings on the tv like … what do you mean? im watching sky tv. I mean the settings on the tv like the contract, colour, sharpness, etc?

Are you using a SCART cable, component, HDMI, S-Video, Composite etc? Just saying you're watching sky tv doesn't offer any more information!

Guru is right you will need to tell people more info if you need help go to avforums do a search for settings.

if thats still no good try this

picture mode: standard user
backlight: 34
contrast: 95
brightness: 40
colour 34:
tint: 0

colour temperature: warm
red level: -5
green level: +1
blue level: -1

dxx;4404604

Your chest looks the same as my granddad's.

lol thanks :-D

waterloo;4404620

Guru is right you will need to tell people more info if you need help go … Guru is right you will need to tell people more info if you need help go to avforums do a search for settings.

avforums.com/for…tml

Original Poster

acecatcher3;4404625

if thats still no good try thispicture mode: standard userbacklight: … if thats still no good try thispicture mode: standard userbacklight: 34contrast: 95brightness: 40colour 34:tint: 0colour temperature: warmred level: -5green level: +1blue level: -1

thats great thanks, the 1st lot you gave me were the better lot the 2nd were a bit to dark!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition821055
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313
    3. Enter to win an iPhone X Anker competition33
    4. Win £500 worth of goods from RAF Museum's shop66

See more discussions