Toshiba laptop stuck on restart after update

Found 3rd Aug 2015
I've just allowed my laptop to update to Windows 8.1 and now it has been stuck on restarting for almost two hours now, is this normal, should I just leave it or switch it off ?

Thanks.
Community Updates
6 Comments
Too long. I'd bite the bullet and push the power button for a hard reset. I think that actually happened to me once too come to think of it when doing the 8.1 pro upgrade.
redcastle

Too long. I'd bite the bullet and push the power button for a hard … Too long. I'd bite the bullet and push the power button for a hard reset. I think that actually happened to me once too come to think of it when doing the 8.1 pro upgrade.

Thanks, I had done it, and it's now stuck on the setting up screen at 82%, such a pain in the ****.

Edited by: "Blankety_Blanker" 3rd Aug 2015
any reason why you are not moving to windows 10

What do you mean by 'stuck on restarting'? It could show an install screen after restart for more than a couple of hours but it shouldn't be constantly restarting or anything like that.

allowed

any reason why you are not moving to windows 10

Windows 8 can't upgrade to Windows 10, Windows 8.1 needs to be installed first.
If it's at 82% and still installing, if you wanted leave it overnight. Otherwise do a fresh install again if you did a clean install.
EndlessWaves

What do you mean by 'stuck on restarting'? It could show an install … What do you mean by 'stuck on restarting'? It could show an install screen after restart for more than a couple of hours but it shouldn't be constantly restarting or anything like that.Windows 8 can't upgrade to Windows 10, Windows 8.1 needs to be installed first.

It was stuck on the restarting page, it says restarting with a spinning icon underneath, it did this before when I did a regular update before. Anyway everything seems to be fine now, thanks everyone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants