Groups

Toshiba MK1059GSM 1TB 2.5" SATA 5400rpm is this PS3 compatible?

Does anyone know if this hard drive is compatible with the PS3 (fat one)?
    Here is the link for it: amazon.co.uk/Tos…-21

14 Comments

Looking at "backing up" games are we?

From what I heard PS3 has a limit on the maximum hard drive size it can handle but not sure if thats right.

Original Poster

ryouga

Looking at "backing up" games are we?From what I heard PS3 has a limit on … Looking at "backing up" games are we?From what I heard PS3 has a limit on the maximum hard drive size it can handle but not sure if thats right.

backing up games? eh?
    and ok il have to check that out but it would fit though wouldn't it?
    Edited by: "jj15" 29th Jan 2011

As has been pointed out what seems like thousands of times 9.5mm height drives only.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

if only there was a search engine called google that could quickly find … if only there was a search engine called google that could quickly find the answer you were looking for, oh waithttp://psx-scene.com/forums/f177/info-about-1tb-2-5-hdd-into-60gb-ps3-66470/

Cheers for the link but the sarcasm is unnecessary and not wanted

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

your welcome but your wrong, sarcasm is needed because common sense says … your welcome but your wrong, sarcasm is needed because common sense says a shopping forum isn't the best place to ask technical ps3 questions

Still not wanted.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

your new i'll leave it at that, but you'll soon come round to my and a … your new i'll leave it at that, but you'll soon come round to my and a lot of other peoples way of thinking

hmm probably

ryouga

Looking at "backing up" games are we?From what I heard PS3 has a limit on … Looking at "backing up" games are we?From what I heard PS3 has a limit on the maximum hard drive size it can handle but not sure if thats right.

There's no maximum size. Only physical size.

Original Poster

thesaint

There's no maximum size. Only physical size.

Ok good stuff

whatsThePoint

Maybe if the right answer was pointed out12.5 will fit

He asked for compatible which is a 9.5mm drive. Your sarcasm is welcome but your wrong info is not.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

He asked for compatible which is a 9.5mm drive. Your sarcasm is welcome … He asked for compatible which is a 9.5mm drive. Your sarcasm is welcome but your wrong info is not.

I'm going to have to say the 12.5 will fit if you take the caging off the hdd which he has linked to in previous comment

jj15

I'm going to have to say the 12.5 will fit if you take the caging off the … I'm going to have to say the 12.5 will fit if you take the caging off the hdd which he has linked to in previous comment

Well if your taking it to bits I can fit a 3.5" drive in, but thats not what was asked.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Well if your taking it to bits I can fit a 3.5" drive in, but thats not … Well if your taking it to bits I can fit a 3.5" drive in, but thats not what was asked.

Fair point- but technicay it is compatibe then

jj15

Fair point- but technicay it is compatibe then

Well I think if you asked people the would agree 'compatible' would be as the manufacture intended not what is physical or technically possible.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Well I think if you asked people the would agree 'compatible' would be as … Well I think if you asked people the would agree 'compatible' would be as the manufacture intended not what is physical or technically possible.

Another fair point- Ive got no comeback
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2151
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767360
      3. love affairs2059
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)61480

See more discussions