Groups

Toshiba nb 100, Help!

My 11 year old split about a straws worth of milkshake on my notebook yesterday! I could kill him!
    Now the keys on the keyboard, some of them work, Not many! some bring up different letters , some just don't work. My eldest son has taken out the keyboard but still it won't work. If I knew it was the keyboard i woukld just replace it but, is the damage somewhere ele on the notebook? Any sugestions?

5 Comments

Banned

Try running the keyboard under the tap, then leaving it somewhere warm to dry out for a few days, but it might be to late now if the milkshake has dried
    If you didn't notice milkshake anywhere else when keyboard was out thats likely to be only thing thats faulty

If its just wet inside then putting it in a tupperware tub with rice (raw, not cooked!) overnight should draw the moisture out. However if the milkshake has dried between contacts it might not work.

Original Poster

Under the tap! Are you sure it would still be ok?? I mean I knoww it's not working properly now, but Water!

Original Poster

g1bbuk

If its just wet inside then putting it in a tupperware tub with rice … If its just wet inside then putting it in a tupperware tub with rice (raw, not cooked!) overnight should draw the moisture out. However if the milkshake has dried between contacts it might not work.

Will give it a go tonight, But think it might be to late

Banned

Water will only damage it if you have power going to it, if your leaving milkshake in it you might as well buy a new one now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1318
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927349
      3. love affairs1223
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?1015

See more discussions