Toshiba Regza 42AV635DB setup issues - Anyone got one?

Found 25th Dec 2009
So my sister and i went halfs on a new LCD tv for the parents this year, we eventually opted for the Toshiba Regza 42AV635DB, a very shiny 42 inch LCD, Fully HD ready tv to replace the parents ageing samsung....

Problem is i have no idea how to connect it with their existing setup.
This consists of a SKY+ box, a VCR and a DVD player.
I also found a small seperate white box device at the back of the TV that is mains powered and seems to have an ariel lead going in and coming out of it
(i think this could be signal booster?)
Any one know how i can set all of this up so that the SKY, DVD and VCR are useable cos im lost in scart cables, ariel cable and the like...
Also the other (non Sky connected tvs connected to the ariel outputs throughout the house now have lost their picture..)

5 Comments

I think you could have one scart from "in scart" from the vcr to the "in scart" on the Sky + so that enables it to record from the sky? it might actually be labelled with vcr on the back of the scart and then out the scart to the tv

Assuming you have one extra scart available on the tv you can have that to connect one scart from the dvd to the tv aswell?

And the white box, you could try just sticking the aerial straight into the tv without the white box and see whether it picks up channels - if not, i guess your right at thinking its a signal booster!
Hope that helps in some way =S

Original Poster

Boom123;7328934

I think you could have one scart from "in scart" from the vcr to the "in … I think you could have one scart from "in scart" from the vcr to the "in scart" on the Sky + so that enables it to record from the sky? it might actually be labelled with vcr on the back of the scart and then out the scart to the tvAssuming you have one extra scart available on the tv you can have that to connect one scart from the dvd to the tv aswell?And the white box, you could try just sticking the aerial straight into the tv without the white box and see whether it picks up channels - if not, i guess your right at thinking its a signal booster!Hope that helps in some way =S

My mum wants to be able to VCR record a terrestrial channel, Sky + record a Sky channel and perhaps watch a seperate sky channel. Dont think she would need to VCR record a sky channel.

JasonMason;7328968

My mum wants to be able to VCR record a terrestrial channel, Sky + record … My mum wants to be able to VCR record a terrestrial channel, Sky + record a Sky channel and perhaps watch a seperate sky channel. Dont think she would need to VCR record a sky channel.

o0o a bit confusing now..forgot it was sky+!
how many scarts are there on your tv?
and also how many cables?

Original Poster

two scarts on the back of TV, two on the SKY box, one on the VCR, lots of coaxial cables, a possible (but not yet confirmed signal booster) and three scart cables.

JasonMason;7329083

two scarts on the back of TV, two on the SKY box, one on the VCR, lots of … two scarts on the back of TV, two on the SKY box, one on the VCR, lots of coaxial cables, a possible (but not yet confirmed signal booster) and three scart cables.

you could try having one scart frm the dvd to the sky and then from the sky to the tv which would mean if you have your sky's on standby the dvd would be able to work.
and then have one from the vcr to the tv to be able to record then..
Um if that doesn't work..At least i tried!
=]
Post a comment
@
    Text