TOSHIBA SATELLITE L450D-11V - eBay DOTD startup errors?

7 replies
Found 9th Mar 2010
Hey People,

I managed to bag one of these laptops from Argos clearance.....definately seems a bargain! Good product at a good price!

However, as soon as I unpacked it and started it up:

The following message came up:

The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

Now I was like erm.....so I followed ahead with a reformat using the recovery disc. After that process, all worked well, used it in the evening. Then shut it down.

Now today I switched on the laptop again...and the same message?!

Any ideas people?!

7 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks pal!

However, I've not modified this laptop in terms of the hardware, so am unsure why this is happening? Could it be due to faulty hardware installed by Argos i.e not refurbished properly?

Sounds to me like thats exactly what it is, probably just needs repairing software wise

Original Poster

Yeah, I thought that too....Could be faulty RAM? I have no problem once it's restored, only once it's booted up from shutdown, so think it indicates that...

Arrrrgh! Well hopefully it's not that....

use a ram testing programme to find out

Original Poster

k...Anyone else had this problem?

I got mine up and running fine. Didnt have this problem at all and i also purchased it from argos clearance ebay. I might do a fresh reinstall though, all this toshiba software keeps slowing the start up.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769384
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4486
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3282
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247622

See more discussions