Groups

toshiba tv help the one from sainsburys

guys i brought one of the above and wow what a lovely tv until today, i dont know if it is my sky box but earlier we changed the channel from wii channel to normal tv and the screen went into a square shape not cutting the picture off but prob only the size of a 28", it has just done the same again but this time the tv and sky switched off finally got it back on and the screen is the same again, we can change it by the remote but surely i dont have to do this every time - do you think its a fault with the telly or something else - thanking you in advance

7 Comments

Banned

ahh i remember working down toshiba in the testing section... bad times lol.
    Sounds like a fault to me. but not sure as i was on sound haha

Original Poster

just checked and dont think it is sky as turned the tv off put it back on again and for about half a second i had full screen but then it switched to the small square screen, please help i so dont want it to be faulty as they havent got any more

press the remote to change the setting,

The one above the subtitle button and select "wide"

Original Poster

strike;4410877

press the remote to change the setting,The one above the subtitle button … press the remote to change the setting,The one above the subtitle button and select "wide"

we have done that and it gives us a full screen but then when we turn off its like it loses the setting as the same happens again:-(

Well reset the tv to original setting.

Read the manual, it was created for reasons like this

Original Poster

strike;4410912

Well reset the tv to original setting.Read the manual, it was created for … Well reset the tv to original setting.Read the manual, it was created for reasons like this

thank you other half in loft digging out the instructions rep added for your help :thumbsup:

Assuming the menu is the same as our Toshiba TV, somewhere in the Menu setings there is the option to enable 'Auto Format'. Make sure you turn that off, and then the picture wont switch from wide screen to 4:3 when it detects a different format of picture.

However the downside of this is that the picture on some channels will be stretched.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions