Toshiba TV problems (Vestel TVs incls Hitachi, JVC, Luxor etc)

Posted 15th Mar 2019
hi, just phoned richer sounds as my tosh TV was switching off randomly since last night.

apparently Toshiba are aware of the problems due to an over the air update and are trying to rectify
Community Updates
Lead deal editor
Thanks to @pieandapint ''Apparently it's an issue with freeview play. Disconnect network cable, or switch off wifi router to allow you to operate tv without rebooting. Press menu, installation, first time installation. When configuring tv select "no" when freeview play T&Cs come up. Reconnect internet. You can continue to use all smart features except freeview play, until update arrives''.

thanks to @leitchyleck ''RS (Richer Sounds) said all Toshiba models''.
Misc

Groups

22 Comments
Thanks for the info.
Thanks for the info, but it might help to mention what exact model you have.
Apparently it's an issue with freeview play. Disconnect network cable, or switch off wifi router to allow you to operate tv without rebooting. Press menu, installation, first time installation. When configuring tv select "no" when freeview play T&Cs come up. Reconnect internet. You can continue to use all smart features except freeview play, until update arrives. Dave
Edited by: "pieandapint" 15th Mar 2019
pieandapint9 m ago

Apparently it's an issue with freeview play. Disconnect network cable, or …Apparently it's an issue with freeview play. Disconnect network cable, or switch off wifi router to allow you to operate tv without rebooting. Press menu, installation, first time installation. When configuring tv select "no" when freeview play T&Cs come up. Reconnect internet. You can continue to use all smart features except freeview play, until update arrives. Dave

Thx for posting, richer sounds phoned back with exact same instructions, all worked for me.
HellRazer11 m ago

Thanks for the info, but it might help to mention what exact model you …Thanks for the info, but it might help to mention what exact model you have.

RS said all Toshiba models, but if it ain't broke!
Mine keep rebooting every 20 seconds and the remote crashes when I try & press anything.
I have two and both are different model numbers but doing same thing.
I have spent hours re-installing the TVs, I have unplugged them at the wall and reset them and still nothing works its still at it.
I have only just started using this TVs and initially they were working fine then all of a sudden it develops a fault.
raich33311 m ago

Mine keep rebooting every 20 seconds and the remote crashes when I try & …Mine keep rebooting every 20 seconds and the remote crashes when I try & press anything.I have two and both are different model numbers but doing same thing.I have spent hours re-installing the TVs, I have unplugged them at the wall and reset them and still nothing works its still at it.I have only just started using this TVs and initially they were working fine then all of a sudden it develops a fault.

If it's ethernet disconnect cable, it it's wireless switch off router, then do a reset.
When re installing don't agree to Freeview play settings or it will download the update that caused the problem.

Freeview play function will not work until tosh do a working update.

You will need to reinstall network.
All bookmarks are lost.
Edited by: "leitchyleck" 15th Mar 2019
Weirdly enough last night we were getting the exact same issues with our JVC TV which may be a coinsedence but will try the above and see if its the same thing.
I have the same issue with my JVC tv only since yesterday
Must be the same thing Jane, glad I saw this thread and going to try the fix later. Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻
This has been happening since yesterday with my Luxor
I'm have a hitatch TV that's doing the same is this issue on all TVs as I've ordered a new tv
It seems the tv’s it’s happening to are all Vestel made sets
living.legend15/03/2019 14:11

Weirdly enough last night we were getting the exact same issues with our …Weirdly enough last night we were getting the exact same issues with our JVC TV which may be a coinsedence but will try the above and see if its the same thing.

Mines Hitachi and had same probs... was told to do new installation also but "No" to Ts & Cs xx
debby.ballard27 m ago

Mines Hitachi and had same probs... was told to do new installation also …Mines Hitachi and had same probs... was told to do new installation also but "No" to Ts & Cs xx

Did it work
louise.sharp52 m ago

I'm have a hitatch TV that's doing the same is this issue on all TVs as …I'm have a hitatch TV that's doing the same is this issue on all TVs as I've ordered a new tv

Same here.
Turned my TV on this evening to be greeted by a Vestel privacy policy screen so fingers crossed an update is being rolled out. I've re-agreed to the freeview play T&C's, so we'll see what happens. I'll update tomorrow. Dave.
And people wonder why Vestel TV's have a bad reputation on here.....
Edited by: "freakstyler" 15th Mar 2019
All seems fine today
pieandapint1 h, 53 m ago

All seems fine today

Good, I got an email today from RS saying all was fixed and accept the terms when starting Freeview play to continue using it.
TV was eventually working but recently the Wimbledon live streaming doesn't work. Could this be connected to the above problems, not sure if the live streaming has worked since.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants