Total war games

Looking to buy a total war game to play via steam link with steam controller.

Anyone have any experience using a steam controller with this game and whats the best game to purchase, currently looking at Attila and not interested in Warhammer until it comes down a lot in price.

Thanks

11 Comments

In short I tried with Empire / Napoleon and ended up buying something called a NerdyTec Couch Master (before the value of the pound collapsed to enable used of a Keyboard and mouse in the living room... another more expensive solution would be this

amazon.co.uk/d/P…P6W

Have you tried any strategy games using a controller on the past? Generally these games are made to be used with a keyboard and mouse.

You are better off asking in the steam community, there are already threads asking similar questions such as: steamcommunity.com/app…52/

I confess to only having tried Wargame Red Dragon, TW Empire/Napoleon and Tropico 4 but ended up just playing racing, flying and shooty games until I came across the Couch Master.

If you have an armchair...
wickes.co.uk/Wic…765
Use a router on the edges, give a quick sand and coat of clear varnish and for £20 you have a keyboard & mouse solution.

Original Poster

delusion

Have you tried any strategy games using a controller on the past? … Have you tried any strategy games using a controller on the past? Generally these games are made to be used with a keyboard and mouse. You are better off asking in the steam community, there are already threads asking similar questions such as: https://steamcommunity.com/app/364360/discussions/0/357287304423275452/

No not used controller before on a PC for gaming, Steam community seems quite favorable towards this controller.

Original Poster

dozstanford

In short I tried with Empire / Napoleon and ended up buying something … In short I tried with Empire / Napoleon and ended up buying something called a NerdyTec Couch Master (before the value of the pound collapsed to enable used of a Keyboard and mouse in the living room... another more expensive solution would be thishttps://www.amazon.co.uk/d/PC-Video-Games/ROCCAT-Sova-Mechanical-Lapboard-Layout-Brown-Switch/B01H036P6W

Thanks but not for me.

Original Poster

dozstanford

I confess to only having tried Wargame Red Dragon, TW Empire/Napoleon and … I confess to only having tried Wargame Red Dragon, TW Empire/Napoleon and Tropico 4 but ended up just playing racing, flying and shooty games until I came across the Couch Master.

How was the controller playing TW empire?

Original Poster

dozstanford

If you have an … If you have an armchair...http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-General-Purpose-Timberboard-18-x-300/p/9000033765Use a router on the edges, give a quick sand and coat of clear varnish and for £20 you have a keyboard & mouse solution.

LOL

jakethebeagles

LOL

It actually wasn't a joke.

TW Empire is playable but it's much slower paced, everything just seems to take longer, it's not so bad scrolling around the battle map but reactions and accuracy aren't a touch on using a mouse and in MP you would be at a notable disadvantage.

jakethebeagles

No not used controller before on a PC for gaming, Steam community seems … No not used controller before on a PC for gaming, Steam community seems quite favorable towards this controller.

It's not that specific controller, it's that strategy games don't tend to work very well without a precise selection tool like a mouse. Especially real time strategy games like the total war series where you're managing sixteen or more units at once.

I just use one of these sat in my armchair:
amazon.co.uk/d/K…53A
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. E-liquid55
    2. Mountain bike £200-£30022
    3. Problem with new double glazed installation44
    4. Any know of offers on London eye and Maddam Tussauds please34

See more discussions