Groups

Totally dead ipod?? :(

Hi all,

Need a bit of help if you don't mind. My friends ipod is totally dead. They have given it too me to try and sort out but not having a greal deal of luck

I have tried resetting it, i.e menu and select button process, also tried to get the diagnostic menu to come up...no joy.

I think th eproblem is that the computer will not recognise it in any way when plugged into the usb.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom as to what I can do to resolve this issue. I would be soooo grateful

7 Comments

I've had a simlar problem but my screen was showing the sad face and one was showing battery empty, both wouldn't turn on or connect to my pc. Thing i did was to use one of the wall chargers and left it on over night, they both work fine now.

Original Poster

I have put it on one of the docking systems as sometimes that works but I didn't leave it overnight.

I will try that, in the meantime any other suggestions??

Thanks Jennyrocks

I did try a docking station and it wasn't enough power, I even left it on for a few days to no avail.

The battery could be completely dead, what type of ipod is it?

Original Poster

Its the 2nd generation ipod??

if its under a year old take it to the apple shop for a replacement.

TRy here: ]fixipod.con simple steps to make sure all errors are no more.

Original Poster

That was quite funny harlzter

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1443
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767106
      3. word association Game73744435
      4. Apples new update22

See more discussions