Totally getting rid of all trace of warface from ps4?

Posted 6th Dec 2019
I acted like an idiot and listened to an imbecile friend of mine and downloaded his idea of a great free game - found it to be utter crap - but even though I've deleted it (and every trace of it I can find) the crappy piece of crud keeps sending me updates.
Does anyone know how to put a stop to this utter garbage and their satanic updates?
Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
What do you mean by "sending me updates"? Are you talking about notifications on your phone or do you mean content updates on your PS4? If you go in to your library and delete the game from your console then you wouldn't be getting any updates downloaded for it.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 6th Dec 2019
Haircut_10006/12/2019 21:50

What do you mean by "sending me updates"? Are you talking about …What do you mean by "sending me updates"? Are you talking about notifications on your phone or are do you mean content updates on your PS4? If you go in to your library and delete the game from your console then you wouldn't be getting any updates downloaded for it.

Thanks for replying Haircut.

They keep sending updates and notifications to my PS4 almost every time I switch it on. I've deleted it from the library and can't find any trace of it on my PS4, but I'm still getting those blasted messsages from it.
It's not the worst thing in the world. but it is a bit of a nuisance - especially as I deleted everything in order to avoid this sort of thing.
Have you tried turning it off and on again 🔆 ? or fire 🔥 ?
Hi Wongy. Hope you are well. Rotten weather past few weeks, missed most of it as was stuck in bed with flu - despite having the flu jab.
Anywho, always nice to see you popping by.

Don't suppose you seriously know anything about stopping warface sending me crappy updates/notifications?
tryn2help06/12/2019 23:01

Hi Wongy. Hope you are well. Rotten weather past few weeks, missed most …Hi Wongy. Hope you are well. Rotten weather past few weeks, missed most of it as was stuck in bed with flu - despite having the flu jab. Anywho, always nice to see you popping by. Don't suppose you seriously know anything about stopping warface sending me crappy updates/notifications?

No sorry
Reset button ?
tryn2help06/12/2019 23:01

Hi Wongy. Hope you are well. Rotten weather past few weeks, missed most …Hi Wongy. Hope you are well. Rotten weather past few weeks, missed most of it as was stuck in bed with flu - despite having the flu jab. Anywho, always nice to see you popping by. Don't suppose you seriously know anything about stopping warface sending me crappy updates/notifications?

Go to Settings on your PS4, then select Notifications from the menu, then select Pop Up Notifications. You'll see the check boxes there for Communities, Teams, Events, etc. It's most likely that you've joined a Community for Warface or are part of Team, or are getting notifications for upcoming Events in the game. You just need to work out which one it is that is causing you to get the Notifications relating to Warface. Any chance you can go to Notifications on the main PS4 screen and post a picture of one of the Notifications that has popped up so we can work out which one it is?
Haircut_10006/12/2019 23:33

Go to Settings on your PS4, then select Notifications from the menu, then …Go to Settings on your PS4, then select Notifications from the menu, then select Pop Up Notifications. You'll see the check boxes there for Communities, Teams, Events, etc. It's most likely that you've joined a Community for Warface or are part of Team, or are getting notifications for upcoming Events in the game. You just need to work out which one it is that is causing you to get the Notifications relating to Warface. Any chance you can go to Notifications on the main PS4 screen and post a picture of one of the Notifications that has popped up so we can work out which one it is?

All of them have ticked boxes except one - when friends join a party.
Haircut_10006/12/2019 23:33

Go to Settings on your PS4, then select Notifications from the menu, then …Go to Settings on your PS4, then select Notifications from the menu, then select Pop Up Notifications. You'll see the check boxes there for Communities, Teams, Events, etc. It's most likely that you've joined a Community for Warface or are part of Team, or are getting notifications for upcoming Events in the game. You just need to work out which one it is that is causing you to get the Notifications relating to Warface. Any chance you can go to Notifications on the main PS4 screen and post a picture of one of the Notifications that has popped up so we can work out which one it is?

I've unticked; Screenshots, Song, communities and activities - thanks for pointing this section out, I had no idea about it. Hopefully unticking these will stop the crud - very wait and see - but if it doesn't I'll probably untick all of them. Thanks for all your help Haircut 100.
tryn2help06/12/2019 23:54

I've unticked; Screenshots, Song, communities and activities - thanks for …I've unticked; Screenshots, Song, communities and activities - thanks for pointing this section out, I had no idea about it. Hopefully unticking these will stop the crud - very wait and see - but if it doesn't I'll probably untick all of them. Thanks for all your help Haircut 100.

That stops everything tho no way to stop games from doing that, I still get notifications for GTA and I haven't played it in years
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions