Totally HUKD lifestyle!!

Edited by:"davewave"Found 28th Jan
Woman reveals how she bought her first home at 20 dailym.ai/2Fo…mEm via dailym.ai/and…oid

Sales apprentice reveals how she saved enough money to buy her first home aged just TWENTY (after leaving school at 17, working five jobs, saving £500 a month and finding a £120,000 fixer-upper)
  • Jennie Crockart, from Gloucestershire, began saving aged just 16
  • First started by selling chocolate and cans of drink in her lunch break earning £40 a month
  • Then worked five part-time jobs while studying for her AS Levels and saved '£50 here and there'
  • She left school the following year to work as a sales apprentice
  • Managed to save £500 a month for three years for a deposit by 'not going out a lot' after finding a property she wanted to buy
  • At 21 she bought a house that needed work in a 'not expensive part of town'
  • Property is now thought to be worth £150,000 - a £30,000 profit

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/fem…tml
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
Chiptivo6 m ago

Corbyn said today that he plans to give 8000 houses to the homeless and …Corbyn said today that he plans to give 8000 houses to the homeless and build more as and when needed. Get ready for all the 16-19 year olds to leave home and declare themselves homeless to get a free party house. The guys clueless.

If you think you can just declare yourself homeless, you sir are pretty clueless.
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 2 m ago

Isn't a rack what you hang your clothes on to dry?

...or a country that shares a border with Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, & Turkey.
46 Comments
Shows what a young person can do if they put their mind to it. This great government we have encourages this.

If it was 15 years ago under a labour government, she would be encouraged to have a child to an unnamed father to get a house and benefits for a lavish lifestyle.

Thanks for the reminder.
Edited by: "Chiptivo" 28th Jan
Her top money-saving tip: always buy a year's supply of reduced face paints the week after Halloween and never have to fork out for make-up again!
33155704-l8QrW.jpg
I am wondering if the second sentence was supposed to end where it did.

How much renovation do you think she's had?

33155704-odeNm.jpg
Edited by: "fanpages" 28th Jan
Good on her. If we didn't all feel that way, we wouldn't be on this site. I went shopping today and came back with exactly what I went for (my son decided the menu for the week and I just bought what I was told) I paid full price for everything. Nothing had a reduced to clear sticker on. I cannot tell you how much that rankled
Depending where you are, there's affordable housing, Wakefield as a random example,

33155776-Ig8IF.jpgAffordable 2 bed terrace within walking distance of town centre, the thing is some people want and expect to be able to buy a 2 bed, new build, starter home, also within walking distance,
33155776-30h9b.jpg
Corbyn said today that he plans to give 8000 houses to the homeless and build more as and when needed.

Get ready for all the 16-19 year olds to leave home and declare themselves homeless to get a free party house.
The guys clueless.
shadey1212 m ago

Depending where you are, there's affordable housing, Wakefield as a random …Depending where you are, there's affordable housing, Wakefield as a random example,[Image] Affordable 2 bed terrace within walking distance of town centre, the thing is some people want and expect to be able to buy a 2 bed, new build, starter home, also within walking distance,[Image]

Believe she is in Bristol. Could buy half of wakey for the price of a flat in bristol. I've been to Bristol and I've been to Wakefield. Can't imagine why Bristol is more expensive. Unless of course you are rhubarb obsessed.
Chiptivo6 m ago

Corbyn said today that he plans to give 8000 houses to the homeless and …Corbyn said today that he plans to give 8000 houses to the homeless and build more as and when needed. Get ready for all the 16-19 year olds to leave home and declare themselves homeless to get a free party house. The guys clueless.

If you think you can just declare yourself homeless, you sir are pretty clueless.
What a crock of complete Shi... Shenanigan's, and the fact I can barely read the article without accidently clicking on an add or being redirected to an "article" about how awesome Centre Parks is.
psychobitchfromhell5 m ago

Believe she is in Bristol. Could buy half of wakey for the price of a flat …Believe she is in Bristol. Could buy half of wakey for the price of a flat in bristol. I've been to Bristol and I've been to Wakefield. Can't imagine why Bristol is more expensive. Unless of course you are rhubarb obsessed.

The new build in wakey is behind the prison and the train station multi storey.
fanpages32 m ago

[Image]How much renovation due you think she's had?[Image]

I like her rack

I'm talking about her TV rack obviously

I'd like to fluff her cushions ... you get the idea.
"Totally HUKD lifestyle"

I don't think you're using this site properly, if you think it saves you money...

You will spend MORE money on all the things you never knew you needed...until NOW
shadey1223 m ago

The new build in wakey is behind the prison and the train station multi …The new build in wakey is behind the prison and the train station multi storey.

Ooh salubrious. I'm selling up in odsal to buy a flat next to the high security prison where they keep all the psychos.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell25 m ago

I like her rack I'm talking about her TV rack obviously I'd like …I like her rack I'm talking about her TV rack obviously I'd like to fluff her cushions ... you get the idea.

psychobitchfromhell10 m ago

Ooh salubrious. I'm selling up in odsal to buy a flat next to the high …Ooh salubrious. I'm selling up in odsal to buy a flat next to the high security prison where they keep all the psychos.

33156104-kX6pm.jpgThey don't include this in the brochure.
I know it takes one to know one but I don't think you can use the term pschos anymore, possibly something like "severe challenging behavioural issues when allowed freedom"
You can boast of having some well known neighbour's though.
Blimey times have changed , I bought my first house when I was 20 , but that didn't make it into the national newspapers
shadey1213 m ago

[Image] They don't include this in the brochure.I know it takes one to …[Image] They don't include this in the brochure.I know it takes one to know one but I don't think you can use the term pschos anymore, possibly something like "severe challenging behavioural issues when allowed freedom"You can boast of having some well known neighbour's though.

Severechallengingbehaviouralbitchfromhell is far too big a moniker even for me. Armpit of an area. How much are they selling them for?
psychobitchfromhell16 m ago

Severechallengingbehaviouralbitchfromhell is far too big a moniker even …Severechallengingbehaviouralbitchfromhell is far too big a moniker even for me. Armpit of an area. How much are they selling them for?

150k in wakey, same house in seacroft 200k
3 storey, look how small they are,
33156277-tzKID.jpg
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell1 h, 21 m ago

I like her rack I'm talking about her TV rack obviously I'd like …I like her rack I'm talking about her TV rack obviously I'd like to fluff her cushions ... you get the idea.

you can actually get a job as a fluffer if you work in the right industry ^_^
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 2 m ago

...or a country that shares a border with Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, & Turkey.
shadey1231 m ago

150k in wakey, same house in seacroft 200k3 storey, look how small they …150k in wakey, same house in seacroft 200k3 storey, look how small they are,[Image]

You would need to be thin to live in that. And tidy. Is tiny teeny weeny
Chiptivo2 h, 41 m ago

Shows what a young person can do if they put their mind to it. This great …Shows what a young person can do if they put their mind to it. This great government we have encourages this. If it was 15 years ago under a labour government, she would be encouraged to have a child to an unnamed father to get a house and benefits for a lavish lifestyle. Thanks for the reminder.

If this Government's so great and encourages this it would be happening all the time and not be newsworthy?
She should start saving up for a minder now with violent crime up 20% in the last year.
fanpages8 m ago

...or a country that shares a border with Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi …...or a country that shares a border with Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, & Turkey.

Well that would give plenty of room for the washing.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell1 h, 50 m ago

Perhaps you could contact her about interior decorating...

[ furnishedhomes.org/con…tml ]

33156548-lRUpa.jpg
psychobitchfromhell22 m ago

You would need to be thin to live in that. And tidy. Is tiny teeny weeny

Least than 16ft × 16ft floor area,
33156568-ZKohk.jpgAnd you have neighbour's on 3 walls, just like an old back to back.
1 allocated parking spot.
shadey1225 m ago

Least than 16ft × 16ft floor area,[Image] And you have neighbour's on 3 …Least than 16ft × 16ft floor area,[Image] And you have neighbour's on 3 walls, just like an old back to back.1 allocated parking spot.

Parking spot is bigger than the house. £150k for that? Is a doll's house
Chiptivo5 h, 46 m ago

Shows what a young person can do if they put their mind to it. This great …Shows what a young person can do if they put their mind to it. This great government we have encourages this. If it was 15 years ago under a labour government, she would be encouraged to have a child to an unnamed father to get a house and benefits for a lavish lifestyle. Thanks for the reminder.

"Great Government..."

Read the article a little differently.
I read it as she's had to scrape together any last bit of money she could and basically have no enjoyment in her prime youth years, working every spare moment she could.

Yeah... Im sure our "Great government" had to do exactly the same when they were her age
Original Poster
118luke4 h, 38 m ago

"Great Government..."Read the article a little differently.I read it as …"Great Government..."Read the article a little differently.I read it as she's had to scrape together any last bit of money she could and basically have no enjoyment in her prime youth years, working every spare moment she could.Yeah... Im sure our "Great government" had to do exactly the same when they were her age

Oh dear the glass may always be half empty for you, have a great day.
Edited by: "davewave" 29th Jan
Bargain compared to some in the Epping Forest/West Essex area.
33157405-upySm.jpgrightmove.co.uk/pro…tml
46 Sq M! Though always a good investment area and walking distance to tube station its still eye wateringly expensive, makes Wakefield 2 bed house prices a dream!
I saw this article a few days ago. Very well done to get a mortgage at 20. One thing I've noticed about Yate is the increase in homeowners building small houses on excess land (usually side garden) - but property is very much in demand in that town. I think there's another 2-3000 new builds planned for the next couple of years.
Story probably isn't even true, most likely plopped straight from a masons bottom (most are). She looks like an actress to me.

Not saying this isn't possible, it clearly is given the right circumstances..ie no life and a family to pay your cost of living while you save. Mainstream blue collar jobs wages are very carefully calculated to make sure the vast majority of the amount is taken up by the cost of living, this keeps the poverty trap going nicely for the freaks.

A reality for many is paying through the nose for a not fit to live in mouldy old council flat that's made its initial costs many many many times over... A crime!
Original Poster
cowsindahouse11 m ago

Story probably isn't even true, most likely plopped straight from a masons …Story probably isn't even true, most likely plopped straight from a masons bottom (most are). She looks like an actress to me. Not saying this isn't possible, it clearly is given the right circumstances..ie no life and a family to pay your cost of living while you save. Mainstream blue collar jobs wages are very carefully calculated to make sure the vast majority of the amount is taken up by the cost of living, this keeps the poverty trap going nicely for the freaks.A reality for many is paying through the nose for a not fit to live in mouldy old council flat that's made its initial costs many many many times over... A crime!

It was a story in the Bristol post, not the first actually, more than likely its an accurate story about a hardworking girl who bothered to take responsibility for her life and housing rather than constantly moaning about how the govt is to blame. She seems like a good role model but perhaps you're right the masons are behind the whole story

Jennie was the winner of the Bristol and Bath Outstanding Financial and Business Apprentice Award 2016
bristolpost.co.uk/new…150

33157648-T82tV.jpg
How is it 30k profit?.

Paid 120k, now its refurbished worth £150k.

So it cost her £0 in refurbishment costs.
ScubaDudes15 m ago

How is it 30k profit?.Paid 120k, now its refurbished worth £150k.So it …How is it 30k profit?.Paid 120k, now its refurbished worth £150k.So it cost her £0 in refurbishment costs.

It is in the Daily Mail, you are expecting too much.

She saved £12k, not exactly a newsworthy achievment.
Original Poster
Funny to watch the awful miserable people moan about someone working hard and managing to get themselves on the housing ladder without a handout - keep on going guys its fun to watch - the story was in a local Bristol newspaper if it shatters your liberal heart to read the Daily Mail.

33159061-xTBmH.jpg
davewave7 m ago

Funny to watch the awful miserable people moan about someone working hard …Funny to watch the awful miserable people moan about someone working hard and managing to get themselves on the housing ladder without a handout - keep on going guys its fun to watch - the story was in a local Bristol newspaper if it shatters your liberal heart to read the Daily Mail.[Image]

Pretty sure everyone read the story, it would be weird to care where the story was written.

I guess people just aren't as easily impressed as you are.
Original Poster
CoeK16 m ago

Pretty sure everyone read the story, it would be weird to care where the …Pretty sure everyone read the story, it would be weird to care where the story was written. I guess people just aren't as easily impressed as you are.

true, some people are negative.
davewave8 m ago

true, some people are negative.

That is very true. However in this case i think people are just wondering why saving £12k is some kind of feat to get you in the news.

For myself i think she has done very well and should be proud of herself. I just don't think it is worthy of a special mention.
davewave8 h, 8 m ago

Oh dear the glass may always be half empty for you, have a great day.

Im all for people working hard to earn a living - but i draw the line where it means you have to sacrifice every social opportunity you have to live.

We're heading back to Victorian times it seems... Trouble is, we won't have Carillion to manage the Work Houses.
33159388-m7Oba.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants