Groups

Totally not related but anyone fantastic at Powerpoint Presentations?

I've done one but it seems to be giving me an inch and a half plain border round the edges and I don't know how to get rid of it - does anyone know please

7 Comments

Border around the edges of what? A text box or perhaps an image?

Original Poster

Around the whole slide - it looks fine online but when I print it there is a large border around it but I just can't seem to find how to solve it.

fruityloops;5370545

Around the whole slide - it looks fine online but when I print it there … Around the whole slide - it looks fine online but when I print it there is a large border around it but I just can't seem to find how to solve it.

thats your printer automatically allocating margins

fruityloops;5370545

Around the whole slide - it looks fine online but when I print it there … Around the whole slide - it looks fine online but when I print it there is a large border around it but I just can't seem to find how to solve it.

Click print and then when the option box comes up click scale to fit paper

Printer more likley but could also be the page settings on Powerpoint which auto sets up page for presentation not A4.

Banned

I think you'll find that as powerpoint is presentation software designed to be presented via a PC that the size of the slide is the size of a standard screen aspect. This means as A4 paper is wider/longer than the slide office automatically fits the slide onto the paper. If you are trying to fill a whole sheet of paper for printing purposes 'Word' would have been better to design your presentation on :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks - I've sent it off now but thank you for your help - it seemed to help when I "scaled to fit".
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64534
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391414
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133

See more discussions