Toto Energy Ceased Trading Today - Pray For ex-Solarplicity Customers

Posted 23rd Oct
EDIT: As of Sunday 27th October, EDF Energy have taken over the supply of all Toto customers. Unfortunately tariffs will not remain the same, and energy will not be 100% renewable, so switching is definitely looking like the best option.

Today (23rd October) Toto Energy have ceased trading, affecting 134,000 customers.

Sending sympathy to all other ex-Solarplicity customers, we got switched to this incompetent company just last month and only paid 1 bill to them before they went bust too. It begs the question, how incompetent can Ofgem be? Surely a bigger, more reliable company than Toto could have been chosen to buy Solarplicity customers! If not then Toto's move should have been blocked. Now the supplier is switching AGAIN. Hopefully not to yet another company on the brink of collapse.

Source - MSE
Community Updates
Misc
16 Comments
Pray? Just switch provider? Hardly the end of the world not like your gonna be out of pocket is it?
bbfb12324/10/2019 00:00

Pray? Just switch provider? Hardly the end of the world not like your …Pray? Just switch provider? Hardly the end of the world not like your gonna be out of pocket is it?

It's sarcasm. Not everyone understands my sense of humour

No loss of service but it is frustrating. My main issue with this is that Ofgem allowed Toto to buy Solarplicity customers when they shouldn't have.
Edited by: "jamie15" 24th Oct
jamie1524/10/2019 00:01

Today (23rd October) Toto Energy have ceased trading

You scraped "today" into yesterday's thread title and OP by about a minute. Respect. Most poster's wouldn't bother clarify. You'll see what I mean tomorrow.
jamie1524/10/2019 00:01

It's sarcasm. Not everyone understands my sense of humour No loss of …It's sarcasm. Not everyone understands my sense of humour No loss of service but it is frustrating. My main issue with this is that Ofgem allowed Toto to buy Solarplicity customers when they shouldn't have.

nothing new here, government watchdog body screws up big time, like the last time they(ofcom) tried to hold BT accountable for stealing millions overcharging every land line account to fund their new media empire.... a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again
AndyRoyd24/10/2019 00:37

You scraped "today" into yesterday's thread title and OP by about a …You scraped "today" into yesterday's thread title and OP by about a minute. Respect. Most poster's wouldn't bother clarify. You'll see what I mean tomorrow.

I figured people may get confused, made sure to put date in OP because of this
Same different day
Girl at work switched to them earlier this year. They kept taking too much to 'top her up for a cold winter'. As of yesterday, she was £250 in credit.
TOTO, don't get me started grrrrrrrr!
Danze198424/10/2019 08:50

Girl at work switched to them earlier this year. They kept taking too much …Girl at work switched to them earlier this year. They kept taking too much to 'top her up for a cold winter'. As of yesterday, she was £250 in credit.

Ridiculous! At least credit balances are protected.
Edited by: "jamie15" 25th Oct
Just an update on this, as of today (Sunday 27th October), EDF Energy have taken over the supply of all Toto customers. Basically the same end result for Solarplicity customers but with extra delay. Unfortunately tariffs will not remain the same, and energy will not be 100% renewable, so switching is definitely looking like the best option.
Left Solarplicity October last year
have wasted a huge amount of time this trying to get the nearly £100
I am owed

Anyway was awarded £50 comp from Ofgem and a letter today from EDF the lot is being paid by them
Edited by: "Wongy110" 31st Oct
Wongy11031/10/2019 15:33

Left Solarplicity October last yearhave wasted a huge amount of time this …Left Solarplicity October last yearhave wasted a huge amount of time this trying to get the nearly £100I am owed Anyway was awarded £50 comp from Ofgem and a letter today from EDF the lot is being paid by them

Finally!

I will have to switch again as soon as EDF switch comes through, but will probably go for a better company.
jamie1531/10/2019 15:40

Finally!I will have to switch again as soon as EDF switch comes through, …Finally!I will have to switch again as soon as EDF switch comes through, but will probably go for a better company.

With Green Network Energy now they seem fairly 'kosher'
Wongy11031/10/2019 15:33

Left Solarplicity October last yearhave wasted a huge amount of time this …Left Solarplicity October last yearhave wasted a huge amount of time this trying to get the nearly £100I am owed Anyway was awarded £50 comp from Ofgem and a letter today from EDF the lot is being paid by them

Finally, got the cheque today after 13 months
Wongy11013/11/2019 14:52

Finally, got the cheque today after 13 months

About time! Got the paperwork from EDF. Apparently they are putting all Toto customers on 6 month fix, tariff is decent. After 6 months then it's back to standard variable but by April winter is over so it's excellent news.
It was never 100% renewable anyway. Most companies just buy a certificate for £2 per customer for the right to say it is. Another scam.

which.co.uk/new…ff/
Edited by: "chocci" 14th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants