Touch screen in kitchen?

I quite fancy having a touch screen (monitor) in the kitchen, that is networked, so i can play all of the music, watch all of the films/tv show, access the web etc.

Is this possible?

The reason i thought of it was because i have just made dinner and the recipe i was following was on the laptop and had to take it into the kitchen with me.

Thought it would be quite cool

5 Comments

yeah touch screens can be pricey but with Windows 7 shouldn't be too much of an issue to set-up

Original Poster

Thanks, any idea of pricey?

Was looking for a 15-16" TV for the kitchen anyway, and they seem to be £120+

Was thinking of, somehow, attaching it to my Desktop, so that way it wouldn't need to be a PC in 'its own right', suppose that would make it easier?

Original Poster

ok, after a bit of investigation touch sceens are crazy expensive, might mount a rollerball mouse near a screen and use the onscreen keyboard.

Any problems with it being in the kitchen?

HP will prob be you cheapest option either the L2105tm (screen) currently in the USA for $300 or there range of touchsmart pc's around £900

if you can run a display cable thru to the kitchen, get a ati all in wonder remote, they work off RF so don't need to be in line of the receiver
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523385
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17356127
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846047
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414414050

See more discussions