Expired

Touch up paint for inside of microwave?

Found 7th Mar
just looking to touch up a few rust spots inside my microwave, anyone know what type of paint to use? not a lot of info about this, nearly all sellers on eBay are from the USA,
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
deleted1597344
Limited info would suggest not to do it surely? Never heard of such a thing to paint the inside of a microwave (doesn’t mean it’s not possible), personally don’t waste your time and just buy a new one for what they cost it’s not worth the hassle.
Sorry quick question mate do you get any sparking in the m/w. Because usually when the cavity is cracked or damaged it will spark and tbh i would recommend replacing it. Some microwaves could escape. Just incase
as others have said, just buy a new one if needed. they don't cost much these days, even the fancy ones that also bakes and grills.
adeljay921 h, 22 m ago

Sorry quick question mate do you get any sparking in the m/w. Because …Sorry quick question mate do you get any sparking in the m/w. Because usually when the cavity is cracked or damaged it will spark and tbh i would recommend replacing it. Some microwaves could escape. Just incase

Na no sparking, it's only a few minor rust spots where it's flaking a bit, just thought I could touch it up with some sort of touch up paint, but I guess not, thanks for the input
deleted15973447th Mar

Limited info would suggest not to do it surely? Never heard of such a …Limited info would suggest not to do it surely? Never heard of such a thing to paint the inside of a microwave (doesn’t mean it’s not possible), personally don’t waste your time and just buy a new one for what they cost it’s not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the reply, it was only a couple of rust spots where it's started to flake a bit, was going to touch it up, guess I will give it a miss and just leave it..
VHT paint would probably do the job, but as above, i'd probably not go to the trouble and just get a new one.
Shengis42 m ago

VHT paint would probably do the job, but as above, i'd probably not go to …VHT paint would probably do the job, but as above, i'd probably not go to the trouble and just get a new one.

Thanks for the info, never heard of this before, seems excellent for high temps, but I may just put up with the couple of rust spots, not doing any harm, they just look unsightly
malnuman1 h, 47 m ago

Thanks for the info, never heard of this before, seems excellent for …Thanks for the info, never heard of this before, seems excellent for high temps, but I may just put up with the couple of rust spots, not doing any harm, they just look unsightly

It is very high temperature paint after all.
This this inside the microwave. I would just buff them out with brasso or some other metal polish but if the stainless has worn through you're better off just buying a new one. You should never paint inside your microwave as you don't know how it will react.
kester7643 m ago

This this inside the microwave. I would just buff them out with brasso or …This this inside the microwave. I would just buff them out with brasso or some other metal polish but if the stainless has worn through you're better off just buying a new one. You should never paint inside your microwave as you don't know how it will react.

Exactly what I was thinking too, microwaves sort of cook from the inside out so heating it up will probably get under the paint and taint whatever you're cooking. Best left alone in my opinion.
I used car spray pait before without an issue. Radiator paint would work ok to.

once dry I heated up a glass of water before I put any food in it and it was OK
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants