Touchscreen portable monitor

Posted 22nd Feb 2023
I just bought one of the above. Only now realise that requires a full featured USB-C for connection (to use touchscreen), but my laptop has no such port (just USB-C for data transmission). Is there a way to test this feature of the new monitor? I don't mind not using it for now until future upgrade, but I need to know if the monitor is fully functional.
Or is that any adaptor I can buy?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    tardytortoise
    go into Currys with your monitor. ask them to demonstrate to you laptops that will work with your monitor, saying you are wanting to update your existing laptop. That should test the touchscreen functionality and you will also learn possible laptops to buy/avoid. you are under no compulsion to buy anything from currys
    EndlessWaves
    Hard to say without knowing the limitation.

You mention your laptop only supports data transmission, so is the issue that the screen is drawing more than the standard 15W and needs a USB port implementing USB-PD?

That may be solvable with a powered hub/dock, although you'd need one that explicitly supports USB-PD on the downstream ports (which connect to peripherals), not just the upstream port (which connects to the laptop).
    HotDealAlert Author
    The monitor that I bought has a built-in battery, so it won't need extra power. Would there a way to combine a USB-A and USB-C from the laptop to a single USB-C for the monitor for the touch screen? I actually not so sure what I need to make the touchscreen work.
    Any other suggestions would be great, thanks
Discussions
Top Merchants