Tour an Amazon fulfilment centre for Free

Posted 7th Oct
Just found this, and not far from Tilbury so booking up tour for myself and wife free day out!

aboutamazon.co.uk/ama…re/

See the magic that happens after you click ‘buy’ on Amazon.co.uk by touring one of our fulfilment centres and seeing first-hand how we deliver for our customers. Search for a location and book for yourself or for groups of up to ten people (over 6 years of age, please).

For large group bookings, please contact us at ukpublictours@amazon.com.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Thats the wifes Christmas present sorted then
Awaits monumental levels of hypocrisy from people criticising Amazon whilst simultaneously purchasing goods from Amazon.
22 Comments
For proper sad cases
Let's all go and see little robots carrying our parcels back & forth lol and all the staff who are so fed up they have timed breaks, even timed toilet breaks and as for the delivery driver's they have to pee in a bottle whilst driving so they can get their parcels to customers on time, but apparently Amazon relaxed these working conditions after been featured on Watchdog, I actually noticed a Amazon Prime driver in McDonald's today so they must have, still its upsetting for the staff and I'm sure the last thing they want is tons of customers walking round the warehouse taking photos
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 7th Oct
Thats the wifes Christmas present sorted then
lucas07/10/2019 12:13

For proper sad cases

Looks like im a sad case then
Make sure you take an empty plastic bottle .... If press reports are to be believed ?
Edited by: "rogparki" 7th Oct
Oh how sad of anybody visiting.
And how is this a deal. Do they usuallt charge an entry fee?
deleted90213907/10/2019 12:17

Make sure you take an empty plastic bottle .... If press reports are …Make sure you take an empty plastic bottle .... If press reports are to be believed ?

What reports?
deleted90213907/10/2019 12:17

Make sure you take an empty plastic bottle .... If press reports are …Make sure you take an empty plastic bottle .... If press reports are to be believed ?

"Time is money, and this tour don't stop!"
Awaits monumental levels of hypocrisy from people criticising Amazon whilst simultaneously purchasing goods from Amazon.
How long is the Amazon Fulfillment Center Tour?
Walking Tour of the Amazon Fulfillment Center
The tour guides consist of people that work on the floor in various jobs, so you could ask them questions about how things worked throughout the tour. They said the tour would last about an hour and ours was 50 minutes. There is a lot of walking and stairs.24 Apr 2019
I know it's the daily mail but I read a horrible story about Amazon workers' conditions only yesterday.

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

Of course depression can manifest for all sorts of reasons.
Sounds good!!

This is a must see
We signed up online and met our guide in the lobby. We first went to a conference room for introductions and rules. We picked up our headphones in another section and toured the huge 2 story facility. The was a elevator and also steps. Handicap accessible. The large building has several sections alike so staff can be efficient in filling orders. We walked through several of these sections and watched employees with hand held devices fill orders. We watched packers and many packages on being routed to correct areas for shipping. We were given our headphones and a gift after the tour. Very informative and learned a lot about Amazon process and employee benefits. Reccomend
Free headphones and a gift!
Interesting, only available for Dunstable for today .... can't imagine it is that popular ?
If big Jeff B turns up dressed like an Amazon-y Willy Wonka count me in...
lucas07/10/2019 12:13

For proper sad cases

Talking of sad cases, last year a guy posted a thread asking if he should take further action against Amazon because is parcel was 1 minute late, he had already phoned Amazon to complain & demanded a refund, he doesn't deserve a refund, he deserves a punch for been so in-considerate, no wonder drivers are so angry when they are sad cases like that.
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 7th Oct
As a person who has purchased 171 items from. Amazon this year (no I don't have a problem )

Do I get vip access?
Don't get me wrong, I love Amazon. Their customer service is unbeatable, but I have boycotted Sports Direct..and no-one is untouchable.

If Customer Is King for Amazon, why can't they appreciate the people who put in the hard graft, day in day out?
lettherebedeals07/10/2019 12:15

Let's all go and see little robots carrying our parcels back & forth lol …Let's all go and see little robots carrying our parcels back & forth lol and all the staff who are so fed up they have timed breaks, even timed toilet breaks and as for the delivery driver's they have to pee in a bottle whilst driving so they can get their parcels to customers on time, but apparently Amazon relaxed these working conditions after been featured on Watchdog, I actually noticed a Amazon Prime driver in McDonald's today so they must have, still its upsetting for the staff and I'm sure the last thing they want is tons of customers walking round the warehouse taking photos

Most of the courier drivers are self employed so take out lots by choice as they get paid more (per parcel delivered) which is standard practice in the industry. Take it from someone who has worked in the parcel industry.
Maybe I will get to see just who it is that fills oversized boxes with huge amounts of bubble wrap because they could not be bothered to find a smaller box!!
Tour an Amazon Fulfilment Centre is this some sort of sick joke? If you don't believe the reports go and work in one of them for yourself, you would be lucky to survive a month without jacking in. Amazon and JD Sports Warehouses are probably the worst two around.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants