Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)

Found 26th Sep 2017
An explosion has been heard at a London Underground station causing mass panic among passengers.

Witnesses reported hearing a ‘small scale explosion’ in a bag at Tower Hill station this afternoon, triggering a ‘panic and stampede’.

The explosion took place on a District Line train heading to Ealing Broadway from east London and reportedly was due to a battery pack.

According to reports, around five people suffered minor injuries.

A spokesman for British Transport Police said ‘We are currently on the scene alongside the London Fire Brigade, after responding to a fire alert on the District Line.

‘Officers remain at the scene and it is not yet clear if there are any injuries’.

Hopefully nothing too serious..
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
#blameGearbest
7 Comments
I think you can stand down, Dawsy. I don't envisage Kay Burley being rushed to the scene to cover this particular 'incident'.
@BTP
Incident at Tower Hill station is not suspicious. Fire believed to have been caused by mobile phone charger overheating. @LondonFire
#blameGearbest
Original Poster
Saturn1 m ago

I think you can stand down, Dawsy. I don't envisage Kay Burley being …I think you can stand down, Dawsy. I don't envisage Kay Burley being rushed to the scene to cover this particular 'incident'.

Yeah looks like Liz Dawn more popular today.. Which is a good thing.. (But sad RIP)
Is is claims responsibility
The police have called in Big Clive
to investigate
lumsdot26th Sep

The police have called in Big Clive to investigate

He will be busy today as well. Have I missed the dedicated thread covering the 'explosion' in Stevenage this morning?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions