Tower mini panini & grill press (opening up to flat position)

Posted 22nd Dec 2019
In the instruction manual it says that it opens up 180 degrees so that you can use both sides of the grill. There were no instructions saying how to open it up like this, so I've just opened it up (was a bit stiff to do) and now on the hinges on each side, two small pieces of plastic have snapped off. The grill is now totally open (180 degrees) but has two jagged areas on the hinges where the pieces snapped off. Has anybody else tried to open the press up 180 degrees (to the flat position) to grill on both sides, and if so, did pieces snap on their hinges as well, or, is there another way to open this without pieces snapping off? Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
What model do you have and do the instructions definately say that it opens up to 180° and not that it 'heats up' to 180 °?

*Edit*

Is this the one you have - T27011

39471985-AQmLI.jpg
There's a switch / catch on the right hand side to disable the hinge lock.
Edited by: "psychedelicrenegade" 23rd Dec 2019
No, I have the T27019 and in the manual on page 1, it says this - 'The Mini Panini Grill opens 180 degrees giving double the cooking surface area.' There is no switch on the side either. Thank you.
I've had a look at your model and read some reviews. I couldn't find any info on the T27019 being a 180° press.

Could it be possible the instructions are generic or just plainly wrong for the model you have?
psychedelicrenegade23/12/2019 15:49

I've had a look at your model and read some reviews. I couldn't find any …I've had a look at your model and read some reviews. I couldn't find any info on the T27019 being a 180° press.Could it be possible the instructions are generic or just plainly wrong for the model you have?

I've called customer services and they are now looking into it - the instruction book only mentions the model that I have bought. They've asked for photos as evidence and my receipt, so will wait for them to get back. I bought 3 others as Christmas presents for my children, but will tell them to ignore the bit in the book where it says 180 degrees, as my hinges snapped when I opened up mine fully. I actually think that it was printed in the book by mistake.
Sophiasky23/12/2019 16:21

I've called customer services and they are now looking into it - the …I've called customer services and they are now looking into it - the instruction book only mentions the model that I have bought. They've asked for photos as evidence and my receipt, so will wait for them to get back. I bought 3 others as Christmas presents for my children, but will tell them to ignore the bit in the book where it says 180 degrees, as my hinges snapped when I opened up mine fully. I actually think that it was printed in the book by mistake.

Sounds like it!! Let me know how you get on.
Ok, just hope they replace it seeing that it is broken - but I think that I might have to go back to Robert Dyas about that as that is where I bought it from, and not from the Tower website.
I've just had a reply back - 'Following on from earlier telephone conversation, our QA Department has confirmed this is a misprint within the user manual. The product is designed to open, to a maximum of 90 degrees - I understand you have purchased these as gifts, please advise the end-users regarding the opening of the Press.'

They are going to send me out a replacement.
Sophiasky23/12/2019 16:48

I've just had a reply back - 'Following on from earlier telephone …I've just had a reply back - 'Following on from earlier telephone conversation, our QA Department has confirmed this is a misprint within the user manual. The product is designed to open, to a maximum of 90 degrees - I understand you have purchased these as gifts, please advise the end-users regarding the opening of the Press.'They are going to send me out a replacement.

That's a result and the least you would have expected
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants