Toy kitchen for a 7 year old

Found 20th Sep 2014
Hi, my daughter has asked for a kitchen for christmas, she's a tall 7 year old, does anyone know anywhere I can get one for older kids, I've looked everywhere but they only seem to cater for younger children, it's really hard work. I don't want her to have to kneel down to play with one.
Community Updates
Are you crafty at all? I know a few people who've made fantastic ones out of normal furniture, some good ideas on pinterest?
You may well struggle unless custom as mentioned its something kids 2-4 usually have so aimed at that. At 7 they usually prefer to use the real thing
Maybe get some kids cooking equipment they can help use in the real thing with you ? Apron with name on etc ?

Ifcdetermined, maybe a table top one like this overstock.com/Spo…tml

And these ones seem suitable for taller kids wooden-toys-direct.co.uk/kit…tml
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 20th Sep 2014
I bought this one year ago for my daughters. they love it. mothercare.com/ELC…tml
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your ideas, don't have time really to make one but if I can't find one suitable ill keep Pinterest in mind, had a look & they look quite good.
She's only 6 (7 was a typo) she does
help in the kitchen now and again but really wants one to play in her bedroom with. Think I might have seen one in the link above 'wooden toys'.

Thanks again, my mind had gone blank from looking too much x
Original Poster

What is that?
one from costco is great height wise, my daughter is 7 this year and is still well within good height range to play. i think its kidkraft wooden one.
Just get a stool, so that she can reach the kitchen sink. Be good practice for when she meets the right man.
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Merchants