Expired

Toy Story Woody & Buzz toys - are they all the same?

Found 23rd Sep 2013
I've been looking for Buzz and Woody toys for my son but can't work out what the difference is especially with the Woody dolls. Is the Disney Store Woody the same as the Argos Woody? The difference with Buzz is slightly more obvious but still I'm a little overwhelmed. I want to buy the toys that closely resemble what is shown in the movies at the best price.

Normally I'm great at finding the best price for anything I buy but clearly I don't know what I'm doing here! Someone please advise.
Community Updates
13 Comments
goto the disney store my son is mad on toy story and seen buzz in argos and the disney store, he went for the disney store one.
im sure they are very similar just disney store cost more. also look at toys r us.
Original Poster
I've been looking everywhere. The Disney Store one is £10 cheaper and had I purchased it a few weeks ago it would have been £20 cheaper. The Disney reviews for woody aren't great but the argos ones are.

I think I need an avid toy story fan to tell me where to shop...any 7 year olds on here??
my son has the ones from smyths toys. He's 6 and has the woody, buzz & Jessie all from there. The woody & Jessie have pull strings on their backs and say sayings from the films. I think Jessie was called the yodelling Jessie. His favourite is woody, one of his sayings is "there's a snake in my boots". I think most of the toys are based on toy story 3 rather than the first 2 films. If I remember right woody & Jessie were about £30 each and buzz was about £40. Well worth it though, he's had them a while now and are still as good as the day we bought them. I think smyths have 20percent off until midnight tonight and argos have a 3 for 2 on toys starting this Wednesday.
Original Poster
ronniejames23

my son has the ones from smyths toys. He's 6 and has the woody, buzz & … my son has the ones from smyths toys. He's 6 and has the woody, buzz & Jessie all from there. The woody & Jessie have pull strings on their backs and say sayings from the films. I think Jessie was called the yodelling Jessie. His favourite is woody, one of his sayings is "there's a snake in my boots". I think most of the toys are based on toy story 3 rather than the first 2 films. If I remember right woody & Jessie were about £30 each and buzz was about £40. Well worth it though, he's had them a while now and are still as good as the day we bought them. I think smyths have 20percent off until midnight tonight and argos have a 3 for 2 on toys starting this Wednesday.

Fab, thank you! I went to purchase woody from Smyths at the same time as I purchased an innotab 3s and Bullseye this morning but there were none left in stock. I will keep my eye out for further discounts with Smyths when they are back in stock. Thanks very much, you were very helpful
Amazon are doing the yodelling Jessie one for £30 that's the interactive one that smyths are doing but cheaper, the interactive ones go under the names of Andy's toy chest and come with authenticity certificates, They have the pull string feature and also they interact with you when you speak to them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toy-Story-Jessie-Yodeling-Cowgirl/dp/B0033PRQV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379970075&sr=8-1&keywords=yodelling+jessie

Buzz lightyear and Bullseye are in stock for home delivery at smyths but bullseye is also in argos who are about to do a 3 for 2 so would be cheaper if getting 2 other similar priced items.

smythstoys.com/toy…spx?qwSessionID=b7393c46-e6f0-4814-8f71-f324efe3b21d

smythstoys.com/h00…spx
Edited by: "Mandz27" 23rd Sep 2013
There are two types:

1) the collection- these are the premium, (definitive ones) that are made by thinkway toys to be as near film as possible, they include a certificate of authenticity and come in boxes as they would be in the film. They are better made and have more interactions.

2) all others- made under licence by various companies that range in quality.
Original Poster
Mandz27

Amazon are doing the yodelling Jessie one for £30 that's the interactive … Amazon are doing the yodelling Jessie one for £30 that's the interactive one that smyths are doing but cheaper, the interactive ones go under the names of Andy's toy chest and come with authenticity certificates, They have the pull string feature and also they interact with you when you speak to them.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toy-Story-Jessie-Yodeling-Cowgirl/dp/B0033PRQV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379970075&sr=8-1&keywords=yodelling+jessieBuzz lightyear and Bullseye are in stock for home delivery at smyths but bullseye is also in argos who are about to do a 3 for 2 so would be cheaper if getting 2 other similar priced items.http://www.smythstoys.com/toy-story-11sc/andys-toy-chest-30cm-buzz-lightyear-103073itm.aspx?qwSessionID=b7393c46-e6f0-4814-8f71-f324efe3b21dhttp://www.smythstoys.com/h00600-105254itm.aspx

Thank you so much! I bought bullseye from Smyths today but wasn't sure what buzz and woody I was after. Thanks for your help
Original Poster
smellyonion

There are two types:1) the collection- these are the premium, (definitive … There are two types:1) the collection- these are the premium, (definitive ones) that are made by thinkway toys to be as near film as possible, they include a certificate of authenticity and come in boxes as they would be in the film. They are better made and have more interactions.2) all others- made under licence by various companies that range in quality.

This is the answer I was looking for, thank you! I'm off to find the best deal I can on them now, I don't expect any of them will be cheap

Does that mean that The Disney Store ones aren't the 'real' ones?
hojaleaf

This is the answer I was looking for, thank you! I'm off to find the best … This is the answer I was looking for, thank you! I'm off to find the best deal I can on them now, I don't expect any of them will be cheap :/Does that mean that The Disney Store ones aren't the 'real' ones?

If you ordered tonight using the 20% off at smyths, I think that is the best deal on Buzz at the moment he would be £36 ish

woody was also cheapest at smyths but he's not available

for reference here's what your looking for you'll notice the clothes are more precise on the collectors editions

smythstoys.com/g03…spx

Edited by: "Mandz27" 23rd Sep 2013
Original Poster
Mandz27

If you ordered tonight using the 20% off at smyths, I think that is the … If you ordered tonight using the 20% off at smyths, I think that is the best deal on Buzz at the moment he would be £36 ish woody was also cheapest at smyths but he's not available :(for reference here's what your looking for you'll notice the clothes are more precise on the collectors editionshttp://www.smythstoys.com/g03457-103074itm.aspx

You've both been a great help. I'm going to order the Buzz. Are 'the collection' and 'toy chest' different ranges? I def want Woody to look exactly like the one in the film. I doubt my son would notice either way but I would.
No it just appears to be 2 different names to them depending on the seller, as long as it says "toy story collection" on the box and it comes with certificate of authenticity, also the collection one's are all interactive and again it should state this then you've got the right one's, I found it0 easier to find what I was looking for when I searched for Andy's toy chest but if you follow the advice above then you should be ok.

pixar.wikia.com/Toy…ion

^^^ this may help
Yeah, they go by andys toychest, collection and it has recently been changed to signature collection.
For some odd reason, the disney store does not stock the collectable ones, I guess it is because they only stock their brand.
The cheapest way that I have found to buy them is when Tesco does their double up vouchers on toys. So you get woody, buzz etc for £20 in vouchers a piece.
I am still looking for somewhere that stocks rex and rc, those two are nowhere!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants