Groups

TOYOTA PRIUS (Hybrid)

Hi all, I'm interested in a Prius but remain undecided.

What are the 'PROS & CONS' with owning one?

Do you own one or know somebody that does, any GENUINE feedback would appreciated?

20 Comments

Banned

Cons: You'll start enjoying the smell of your own farts and also contributing to the smug cloud!

Banned

Cons: It looks like this:

http://www.elitefleetservices.co.uk/uploads/images/Car-Images-For-Elite/toyotaprius.jpg

Con - It's a Prius

Pro - its not a mini convertible

Pros:
    No congestion charge in London
    Quiet engine
    Reliable (it's a Toyota!)
    Helping to fund/research future improvements

Cons.
    A lot of diesel motors get significantly better mpg than these, especially longer journeys
    V. expensive compared to similar standard 'normal' car.
    Quite loud tyre noise and bumpy(ier) ride

It all depends on what you want it for. For out and out economy, especially decent commuter trips, you'll be better off with a diesel, for lots of short around town hops this may come into it's own.

HTH

Dave

Banned

boothy

Pro - its not a mini convertible

Stalker.

But I know which I prefer:

http://images.dealerrevs.com/pictures/12545922.jpg

You do strike me as a Prius 'man' though Boothy

Wirral_guy

Pros:No congestion charge in LondonQuiet engineReliable (it's a … Pros:No congestion charge in LondonQuiet engineReliable (it's a Toyota!)Helping to fund/research future improvementsCons.A lot of diesel motors get significantly better mpg than these, especially longer journeysV. expensive compared to similar standard 'normal' car.Quite loud tyre noise and bumpy(ier) rideIt all depends on what you want it for. For out and out economy, especially decent commuter trips, you'll be better off with a diesel, for lots of short around town hops this may come into it's own.HTHDave

en.wikipedia.org/wik…lls

They're pretty expensive.
    Buy a proper car or get a push bike

How about a Toyota Auris Hybrid ??

Banned

Buy a BMW diesel. Better mpg, better car all round

Honda insight hybrid is decent too

Wirral_guy

Pros:No congestion charge in LondonQuiet engineReliable (it's a … Pros:No congestion charge in LondonQuiet engineReliable (it's a Toyota!)Helping to fund/research future improvementsCons.A lot of diesel motors get significantly better mpg than these, especially longer journeysV. expensive compared to similar standard 'normal' car.Quite loud tyre noise and bumpy(ier) rideIt all depends on what you want it for. For out and out economy, especially decent commuter trips, you'll be better off with a diesel, for lots of short around town hops this may come into it's own.HTHDave

Surely that would go in the disadvantages along with **** poor breaking system, dodgy airbags, and the rest.

Original Poster

Wirral_guy

[/quote]

I have seen quite a few around lately and living in the capital makes sense owning one, especially when these are road tax and congestion charge free for starters.

Thanks for your reply along with some of the other useful ones!

Edited by: "Nash" 28th Apr 2011

Original Poster

pokerpad

How about a Toyota Auris Hybrid ??

I have seen one and do prefer the Auris Hybrid lookwise, but I'm nearly 6 foot and so prefer the Prius.

Original Poster

sufchenko

They're pretty expensive.Buy a proper car or get a push bike

Lol, whats a proper car?

If you are after a prius then I imagine MPG is a concern. See what you can get MPG wise with other cars at a similar cost.

Original Poster

dimebars

Buy a BMW diesel. Better mpg, better car all round

I see your point and like BMWs but prefer a Merc (new C-Class) if I were to choose one over the other. I don't drive nowhere near as much as I use to (use public transport to commute) and so the car would be parked up on my drive most weekdays and just used occasionally on weekends.

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes

Cons: It looks like this:

That's an old one!

PRO: I have one of these in mind:
    toyota.co.uk/cgi…all

I'm interested in hearing from anyone that owns one???

http://assets5.gcstatic.com/u/apps/asset_manager/uploaded/2010/25/vauxhall-ampera-1277203712-view-0.jpg
    http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2010/06/23/vauxhall-ampera-e-rev-electric-car_1_6WFNv_69.jpg
    Edited by: "Punjab" 27th Apr 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846166
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764206
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio44
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136

See more discussions