Toys R Us online - Frustrating customer service - be careful of your Paypal address

Found 14th Dec 2012
I rarely share negative experiences I have with companies, because typically I dont like to blame a company for poor customer service based on the interactions with only 1 person. That person might just be having a bad day.

I published a deal on here for Toy R Us after I made a purchase online nearly 2 weeks ago.

The order was delayed because of demand, which is okay, its a Christmas present, and they proactively communicated with me about it being delayed and when it was shipped.

When nothing arrived I checked my account to find it listed the order as being delivered to the neighbours. So I checked with the neighbours.. nothing.

Even though I clearly listed my address for shipping and billing with my Toys R Us account, and its the same address my Paypal indicated shipping to, the one which the card that Paypal charged is billed to, they shipped my order to an address I used to live at more than 4 years ago because it was my Paypal confirmed address (and then left it with the neighbours).

This address is 70 miles away, I no longer have contacts there and I very much doubt if I sent them a letter they will post it to me.

So my first point is (yes, I finally got to it): Beware of ordering with Paypal with Toys R Us. Regardless of the addresses you list, they ship to the confirmed address, and the order will show it going o the one you entered.

The real reason that lead me to grip about it here... my contact with the customer service team to help come to a solution has been less than fruitless.
They contacted me back to say that they had seen an adviser had contacted me and they hoped I was happy with the resolution... thats nice, but I hadnt been contacted. This email came through after the customer service lines had closed for the day already.
I very poiletly said that I hadnt got a resolution at this point and that I hadnt been contacted, they replied back to tell me they saw the order had been signed for at the neighbours address and that I should try there... thats nice, but the entire point was unless I have moved 70 miles by night, thats not my neighbour and wasnt the address I requested delivery at.

I sent a question through Paypal, they told me they would contact me regarding a resolution, which at this point they havent other than to say it was delivered to another address... I knew that, thats why I contacted them to begin with.

With the Christmas postal cut off coming up its looking like I wont be receiving my order in time and will have to shop elsewhere for a gift.

Not somewhere I'd recommend shopping with again, but if you do, certainly dont use Paypal with them.

10 Comments

Shouldn't this be more of "I couldn't be bothered to keep my PayPal details up to date and now I have messed up" thread? Many places use the verified address for shipping as that's the way they get covered by paypal Are you really saying you couldn't be bothered to delete your old address/verify the new one in FOUR YEARS?

Yeah, most places will only ship to your confirmed address if you use paypal as a payment method. It's kind of your fault op. Probably best to appeal to Toys R Us' generosity in the hopes they'll sort something out. You can ring their CS you know?

In the meantime, update your paypal account, so it doesn't happen again.

Good Luck Op!

Original Poster

I think thats a little harsh harlzter, when the order confirmation from the store your buying from lists your home address as the one it will be shipped to, I wouldnt expect it to be delivered elsewhere.
If it had clearly stated it would only ship to the other address I would have paid by card instead.

To your point in 4 years I havent had any trouble at all with any other company delivering to an incorrect address.
Edited by: "RainbowBrighter" 14th Dec 2012

Original Poster

biddilybah

Yeah, most places will only ship to your confirmed address if you use … Yeah, most places will only ship to your confirmed address if you use paypal as a payment method. It's kind of your fault op. Probably best to appeal to Toys R Us' generosity in the hopes they'll sort something out. You can ring their CS you know?In the meantime, update your paypal account, so it doesn't happen again.Good Luck Op!

Thanks biddily, I will be giving them a call later

Here's the number listed on Say no to 0870: 01628 414141

Give them a call

This isn't the fault of toys r us, ultimately it's your own.

I think to say that you'd not recommend shopping with them again because of an admin error on your part is a little short sighted.

Still, hope you get something sorted, worst time of year for a mistake like this to happen.

paypal.com/cgi…ide

You cannot blame toys r us for protecting their business by posting to the confirmed paypal address.

This is the second thread today where someone has gone totally OTT against customer service
hotukdeals.com/mis…e=3
Buys 33 (but only admits this partway through) himself then still complains because a member of staff gets the rest.

Have to agree with the above :-/ also if you use a credit/debit card alot of companies will only deliver to the address of the card holder (for the first transaction anyway) all to prevent fraud always a good thing hope you manage to sort out your delivery and poor toys r us!

I've ordered twice from toysrus in the last few weeks and thought the service was the best out of all my online purchases this Christmas. got delivery free both times and both orders were placed on Friday and the order delivered on Monday with text messages to keep me informed. i was pretty darn impressed tbh. hope you get your problem solved soon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions