Toys "Я" Us... Maplins... Prezzo... New Look etc etc... wonder if HomeBase are next to do a CVA and liquidate their debts & losses!

Found 31st Mar
Posted a few comments over the last few months, regarding why are their so many homebase deals and silly in store price reductions to shift stock recently...

Seems they *might* be next for the chopping block if some deep pocketed buyers cannot be found soonish!

news.sky.com/sto…795
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
24 Comments
o didn't no Prezzo gone
Homebase were bought by some Australian company a couple of years ago, so they have been revamping their product range since then resulting in loads of "end of line sales " .

They have also recently decided to close many stores , keeping just the most profitable sites - hence lots of clearance sales recently .
I thought they belonged to Sainsbury
Segata-Sanshiro12 m ago

Argos were previously owned by the Home Retail Group (along with Habitat). Sainsbury's bought Argos, while Homebase was bought by Wesfarmers to be rebranded as Bunnings. Rather than it being at risk of imminent liquidation, a messy transition period is underway. Financial difficulties however, cannot be ruled out in the medium term.
Saturn1 m ago

Argos were previously owned by the Home Retail Group (along with Habitat). …Argos were previously owned by the Home Retail Group (along with Habitat). Sainsbury's bought Argos, while Homebase was bought by Wesfarmers to be rebranded as Bunnings. Rather than it being at risk of imminent liquidation, a messy transition period is underway. Financial difficulties however, cannot be ruled out in the medium term.

Theres argos in homebase so I thought they was the same
Argos were bought by the previous umbrella group for Homebase (Home Retail Group) before the subsequent break up sale. It is all easily 'googleable' if you are interested.
Saturn4 m ago

Argos were bought by the previous umbrella group for Homebase (Home Retail …Argos were bought by the previous umbrella group for Homebase (Home Retail Group) before the subsequent break up sale. It is all easily 'googleable' if you are interested.

Error 404 (page not found)
fanpages17 m ago

Error 404 (page not found)

I see what you did there
I won't be surprised if Caffè Nero start closing some stores. There are 5 of them within a 15-20 min walk around my house and I have always wondered how they made money.
Original Poster
bozo00715 m ago

I won't be surprised if Caffè Nero start closing some stores. There are 5 …I won't be surprised if Caffè Nero start closing some stores. There are 5 of them within a 15-20 min walk around my house and I have always wondered how they made money.

Well they were up to a £25,000,000+ loss last year, so you could be right there!
bozo00717 m ago

I won't be surprised if Caffè Nero start closing some stores. I have …I won't be surprised if Caffè Nero start closing some stores. I have always wondered how they made money.

By charging eight quid for a cup of coffee?
Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 31st Mar
Original Poster
fivegoldstars5 m ago

Brilliant!
House of Frazer and TM Lewin in the queue.
Original Poster
tempt1 h, 15 m ago

House of Frazer and TM Lewin in the queue.

Think 15 million of the 15 million & 4 shares of the chinese holding company of HOF are worth about 4p and posted another loss as well!

Maybe someone at the Express has seen this discussion thread... they are running a story about the matter Sunday!

express.co.uk/fin…ook
bitcoin513 m ago

Think 15 million of the 15 million & 4 shares of the chinese holding …Think 15 million of the 15 million & 4 shares of the chinese holding company of HOF are worth about 4p and posted another loss as well!Maybe someone at the Express has seen this discussion thread... they are running a story about the matter Sunday!https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/939760/High-street-crisis-deepen-Sainsbury-s-chief-executive-CVAs-Prezzo-Byron-New-Look

Unlikely...It takes them weeks to decide on a story!
Segata-Sanshiro12 h, 37 m ago

They were owned by Sainsbury many years ago, they were sold off.
I surprised Thorntons has lasted to long
My high street is slowly emptying out. Starbucks closed in Dec 2016, the shop is still vacant. Topshop, Sports Direct, Co Op Bank, Maplin all gone. The big M&S closes on Apr 7, amongst the 5 that were announced earlier. What is interesting is 3 vape shops have opened in the last 1 year.
Edited by: "bozo007" 1st Apr
fivegoldstars31st Mar

Come on, hands up who's ever paid for a cup of coffee in there? This is HUKD. We all get them free with Priority.
MSK.30 m ago

Come on, hands up who's ever paid for a cup of coffee in there? This is …Come on, hands up who's ever paid for a cup of coffee in there? This is HUKD. We all get them free with Priority.

Priority? I thought we all kept our cups from Wetherspoons and went back each day for the unlimited refills?
tempt1st Apr

Unlikely...It takes them weeks to decide on a story!

Apparently princess Diana is dead.
jase.223 h, 35 m ago

I surprised Thorntons has lasted to long

Ferrero bought them recently
Original Poster
preecey2nd Apr

Ferrero bought them recently

So they did, 1/4 of a billion turnover, 82 million gross profit and a net profit of 5 million, compared to a 15 million loss last year, we can safely say that they are going nowhere the liquidation plug hole!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants