TP-Link

Hi

Can anyone advise me please?

I have a TP-LINK AV600 powerline wi-fi kit and I'm after another plug to put in another room.

Does anyone know if I can buy a single socket to connect to my existing socket connected to my router?

Thanks in advance

Dan

4 Comments

Yes you can. Although more cost effective to buy a pack again. Ive got 6 TP link connections around the house and all work fine. Would recommend getting the same series. All mine are 500 series and not had an issue with connectivity and performance

bigweapon07

Yes you can. Although more cost effective to buy a pack again. Ive got 6 … Yes you can. Although more cost effective to buy a pack again. Ive got 6 TP link connections around the house and all work fine. Would recommend getting the same series. All mine are 500 series and not had an issue with connectivity and performance

Sorry my set up is 1 socket by the router. 1 wifi extender in back room. 1 wifi extender in garage (both with additional ports) 1 in each room for tv upstairs and a further 1 in office with 3 ports.

Original Poster

bigweapon07

Sorry my set up is 1 socket by the router. 1 wifi extender in back room. … Sorry my set up is 1 socket by the router. 1 wifi extender in back room. 1 wifi extender in garage (both with additional ports) 1 in each room for tv upstairs and a further 1 in office with 3 ports.

Hi bigweapon07
Thanks for the speedy reply.
So if I buy 2 more sockets can I use them both as Internet extenders?
Also with the wifi part of my set. The wifi has just stopped. It's been working for a few months now Nothing

yes you can use more sockets for more internet connections.
the wifi issue may just need resetting (i believe its a 10 second hold on the wifi plug and then hit the WPS button on your router for it to mimic your current wifi. not had to reset any of the plugs even if theyve moved switches so they remember which ones they were attached to. Also had one running off a wind up extension lead to the top of the garden in summer and worked fine
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. American Road Trip11
    2. Iptv810
    3. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    4. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33

See more discussions