Tracking down an old car...

Found 28th Jan
DE08KBJ, written off cat D just over a year ago. Suffered major damage but sold on to be put back on the road. Some Google searches and the car appears to have disappeared!

Another car I had that was written off long before is showing on checks, but the one above, nothing.

Any ideas how I could trace it?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Might have gone in for banger racing.
Could have changed the plates. I know if you switch to private plates the vehicle history moves to the new plate and the original plates will come back as unknown on searches.
cmdr_elito5 m ago

Might have gone in for banger racing.

Suzuki Grand Vitara - would make an interesting choice. Ha ha

The insurance claim for the car was passed to a very dodge accident management company, I fear the car is back on the road, on new plates, history removed...
Robj13 m ago

Suzuki Grand Vitara - would make an interesting choice. Ha haThe insurance …Suzuki Grand Vitara - would make an interesting choice. Ha haThe insurance claim for the car was passed to a very dodge accident management company, I fear the car is back on the road, on new plates, history removed...

Maybe clarkson bought it for series 3.
Dan_Monkfield8 m ago

Could have changed the plates. I know if you switch to private plates the …Could have changed the plates. I know if you switch to private plates the vehicle history moves to the new plate and the original plates will come back as unknown on searches.

Most likely the reason.

Would the category of write off still show against the new plates?
Robj158 m ago

Most likely the reason.Would the category of write off still show against …Most likely the reason.Would the category of write off still show against the new plates?

Far as I’m aware it all the details move over, the entire online mot history certainly moves. The only thing that really identifies a car permanently is the vin plate.
Cat D is uneconomical repair not a right off, may be that whoever ended up with the car found out it was more than just a cat D and scrapped it.
Vehicle no longer on the road, or vehicle has had a plate change.

33157472.jpg
Edited by: "mrty" 29th Jan
I have had another car scrapped, about 10 years back, T737ADP, that still shows up on searches where as the Vitara doesn't.

I assume it must be a plate change.
Or used to commit crimes
JSAJTD54V00270101 is the VIN, can I search what happened to the car via this any way?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants