Groups

trackpad not working

rep for help.
    I never use my trackpad, but just tried to now, and the left mousr button underneath doesn't appear to work, are there any diagnostics that would test if it still functions, or are there any settings that i might have accidentaly changed that would mean that just the left button has been turned off?

10 Comments

laptop? operating system? most laptops have a program in taskbar that shows trackpad settings

Original Poster

dv6529ea, windows 7, and there is no program in the taskbar.

not used windows 7, try going into control panel and into hardware. im sure there must be a similar option to vista etc. from there you should be able to select the trackpad/mouse.

In vista go into control panel then mouse should show as mouse properties

the dandy p;4854872

dv6529ea, windows 7, and there is no program in the taskbar.

:whistling:

Does the button click the same as the right one ?

Original Poster

yes, i know how to access the mouse menu, i'm asking if anyone has any actual ideas of what the problem is, or a way to fix it.

Original Poster

radiocde;4854971

Does the button click the same as the right one ?

do you mean the actual feel, and noise the physical buttons makes? if so then yes.

it is either the settings that have changed or you will have to take it apart.

Original Poster

just taken it apart, cleaned it out, but no help, thanks for your input anyway, rep left.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767413
      2. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…36
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?45
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876390

See more discussions