Groups

trade centre wales

Hello has any one ever purchased a car from trade centre Wales ? did they have any issues ?

16 Comments

Yes purchased two there and had no issues with them, although cars do seem abit expensive if your looking at monthly payments as you could get newer cars from dealers for less a month. Also if you go on their site and put your email in you get a £500 off voucher emailed to you instantly

Original Poster

have looked at the reviews and they are a boy mixed. looking at paying cash. I have looked on there website and they have a few 2011 plates for £1999

Their claim of the UK's 'cheapest cars' is very, very controversial to say the least.

My dad was ripped off by them a few years back. He'd never use them again.
    Edited by: "preecey" 7th Mar

Original Poster

preecey

Their claim of the UK's 'cheapest cars' is very, very controversial to … Their claim of the UK's 'cheapest cars' is very, very controversial to say the least.My dad was ripped off by them a few years back. He'd never use them again.

​do u mind me asking what the issue was? the reviews are very mixed.

My wife works for a finance company who finances for them, her advice is to avoid them but if you absolutely must use them purchase on finance rather than cash as they are infamous for selling faulty cars and with finance at least you have a middle man if any thing goes wrong.

My brother purchased an Audi from them, on finance. Not aware he's had any issues with them.

I'm not saying every car they sell has problems with them, just if you do buy a car from them go for finance as the finance company can assist if you have any problems. They are notorious for repairing instead of replacing / refunding despite the CRA 2015 within the first 6 months, after 6 months they are less than useless.

mrsroberts11

​do u mind me asking what the issue was? the reviews are very mixed.

He bought a Ford Ka which turned out to be a Category C write off despite them claiming it hadn't ever been written off. Plus they sold him a dodgy Chrysler PT Cruiser a few years ago which was ridden with faults.

Also, when issuing MoT certificates for such vehicles, they tore off the advisory notices and stated that the cars passed with flying colours.

Before you buy any car, check its MoT history here. It's free, and all you need is the reg number and make:

check-mot.service.gov.uk

bought a audi a3 from them in 2014, Car went into limp mode on the motorway( in the fast lane might I add) 40 mins into driving it home. Pulled into the hard shoulder called up trade centre Wales who point blank refused to take the car back. After limping all the way home took 2 months to get the car fixed which was the worst 2 months imaginable constant phone calls made to them everyday with 95% of the time "the manager wasn't in or available" and getting passed around to every department.In the end I had more help from an engineer there who arranged for me to be reimbursed from the cost of fixing the car as was technically still under there 30 day warranty even though it's 2 months down the line. just avoid these people they offer these £500 off offers but they Mark up there prices by say £2.5k of original price if not more then sting you on interest with the finance

My personal experience, within 15 mins of being at their show room, is not buy from them. Pushy, smarmy salesmen put me off straight away.
    You'll always get mixed reviews when it comes to car sales places. I went there because a friend bought a car and didn't have any issues. Maybe I'm too fussy or maybe he was lucky, who knows.....
    if you're going to buy, my advice would be the same as to anyone buying - check the paperwork and don't let them distract you. Take a full test drive and take out a credit card with interest free on purchases and atleast put a deposit down on the card to allow extra cover if things go wrong.

High mileage overpriced crap,they rely on lazy dumbo's of which there must be a lot because they have been trading for a good while.

Original Poster

OK thanks all

mrsroberts11

OK thanks all

​Please tell me we've convinced you to go elsewhere.

Original Poster

bp2411

​Please tell me we've convinced you to go elsewhere.

​there's nothing wrong with my car just fancied a change something newer without cream interior(I got 3 kids) lol. i think any were u go has good and bad reviews. but they have more bad than good. iv said to my husband about the comments on here and he agrees with all above and said no lol

mrsroberts11

​there's nothing wrong with my car just fancied a change something newer w … ​there's nothing wrong with my car just fancied a change something newer without cream interior(I got 3 kids) lol. i think any were u go has good and bad reviews. but they have more bad than good. iv said to my husband about the comments on here and he agrees with all above and said no lol

​I've got 2 kids and seat covers lol, I agree you'll never find anywhere with 100% positive reviews but like I said in my first comment my wife works for a finance company who finances for them and she's told me some horror stories about them, I used to be 100% against financing cars but for the level of protection you get through the finance company and the horror stories I've heard from multiple car dealers it's definitely worth paying the interest (in most cases).

Original Poster

bp2411

​I've got 2 kids and seat covers lol, I agree you'll never find anywhere w … ​I've got 2 kids and seat covers lol, I agree you'll never find anywhere with 100% positive reviews but like I said in my first comment my wife works for a finance company who finances for them and she's told me some horror stories about them, I used to be 100% against financing cars but for the level of protection you get through the finance company and the horror stories I've heard from multiple car dealers it's definitely worth paying the interest (in most cases).

​may have to invest in seat covers then lol yes I agree. thank you for ur advice
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. plusnet mobile terrible34
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?26
      3. Recommend a free reminder app1314
      4. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??11

See more discussions