Tradepoint card

Found 1st Jun 2016
As a member of the landlord's association, I have been given a tradepoint card to use, which I understand you can use at B&Q.

Is there a separate area in B&Q which stocks tradepoint products or can I buy things at B&Q and get a discount? Anyone know how much the discount is?

1. Ask
  2. Card
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Card
8 Comments

Yes both.
There is a designated area for Trade Point customers with a check out and service area (similar to set up in Screwfix) you can purchase any products from shop floor and take them through the Trade Point till.
Other items can be ordered through the desk.
There is no set discount but the Trade Point catalogue (loads free copies usually available) will show the Trade price and you can compare to shop floor prices.
Some items I've found will have Trade Point discount applied even if they're not in the catalogue.
Hope this helps.

I seen a big box of screws various sizes trade point £14 scanned at normal till the price shot up to £39

I've read of people being charged more with their tradepoint account than the on the shelf price (although I'm somewhat dubious about this). I find the discount to be maybe 5-10% so hardly worth it, especially when you consider B&Q are always the most expensive for the sort of things I buy. It's a complete lottery to what gets discounted and what doesn't.

If you're a landlord it's probably pretty easy to get a Screwfix account, their discount is generally ~5%.

mutley1

As a member of the landlord's association, I have been given a … As a member of the landlord's association, I have been given a tradepoint card to use, which I understand you can use at B&Q.Is there a separate area in B&Q which stocks tradepoint products or can I buy things at B&Q and get a discount? Anyone know how much the discount is?

You can sign in online and see your discounted prices here

did you not receive a leaflet with it? It wouldn't have just turned up

Banned

Discount depends on what you buy.

If its in the catalogue the prices are listed & discounts vary.

If its not in the catalogue you get no discount or its done at the discretion of management.

Products in the catalogue can be in the tradepoint counter area, or in the warehouse (which only staff have access to) or on the general public shop floor.
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 1st Jun 2016

You can use the card at any till in store. Even the self service tills. There is a tradepoint button on self service till screen to tap then scan card, you may get a discount. You get money off only the items in the tradepoint catalogue that you can pick up in store. Many items discounted are the same as screwfix price as same same company... kingfisher.. Tradepoint is more builder items like wood, plaster, which you won't get from screwfix. Just use card everytime at every till at B&Q. The catalogue will tell you if the items you want are in store out on shop floor.. You pick... Or around back... They pick at tradepoint counter. Be aware that some items they have to order in from the screwfix warehouse next day, in that case just got to screwfix. B&Q were going to put screwfix in the B&Q stores but decided to go with Tradepoint system.

I have a tradepoint account and personally I'd check prices online beforehand. You have to watch out because sometimes items are cheaper in B&Q itself. But I find Screwfix usually cheaper.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants