Tradesmen battery power tools.

Found 20th Sep 2017
I'm looking to buy a kit of battery power tools impactor, SDS etc. I've used most brands but which would you recommend from your own experience. I'm inclined to go for the Dewalt with the TSTACK.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
I recently upgraded to Makita 18v Lxt, this was from mainly Bosch, Black and Decker, and Makita. All were DIY TOOLS and only my combi drill was cordless. The only downside on a couple of the tools is weight probably because of the battery, other than that I've been extremely impressed. What I will say is every one was the top model except the impact driver which is the one below, I shopped around buying from different sources even Gumtree. Also to add I'm a tradesman so in part I could justify price because they are being constantly used and I can offset them against tax, and many of their Lxt products can be registered for a three year guarantee.
Edited by: "hubcms" 20th Sep 2017
I have a good range of cordless makita tools. Drill, impact driver, angle grinder, recip saw, torch sds drill and impact wrench. Am happy with them. However if I was starting again I would go for Milwaukee.
I currently use the Bosch professional range and it's good but have had various warranty repairs (in fairness I am a heavy user) - always liked Makita, would have them again and never been let down. We also have Milwaukee stuff in our workshop and I really like it, we did have drill go wrong after a year but there always seems to be a good deal on there stuff. Can't really comment on dewalt tools, I have had chopsaw off them and it was decent, they make good work wear though lol
I've not really used too much of any other brands to comment on other than the odd tool (paslode nail guns, einhell jigsaw etc)
Personally, in the future I'll go with makita or Milwaukee, no preference)
Also this may sound daft but sharp saw blades and drill bits make a huge difference to the tool.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions