Expired

Trading Nintendo Switch into Cex?

Found 29th Jan
I've ended up with another Nintendo switch, does anyone know what's needed to trade it into Cex?

E.g. is it just the console, controllers and charger?

Or do I need to trade in the dock and the controller holder etc too?
Community Updates
AskGaming
16 Comments
Will be grade A boxed with full contents otherwise your looking at less cash/trade
Original Poster
Snakeyes6467 h, 55 m ago

Will be grade A boxed with full contents otherwise your looking at less …Will be grade A boxed with full contents otherwise your looking at less cash/trade

That's fine with me. I got it dirt cheap with some games. Just wondering if they take just the console and power.
teh.arn12 h, 7 m ago

That's fine with me. I got it dirt cheap with some games. Just wondering …That's fine with me. I got it dirt cheap with some games. Just wondering if they take just the console and power.

Are you looking to get the most out of the cost or trading up towards something else?

I would personally go for a shpock, gumtree and Facebook market place sale.

Nintendo switch on its own (tablet and Joycons) are around £160-180, dock ontop brings it to around £220-235.

Cex would need what comes in the box for all conditions.

Required:
Switch console
2x joycons
1x power lead
1x dock
Optional
Box
Joycon grips
Unsure
Joycon controller

More you own above, and condition the better grade you get.
Original Poster
kos1c11 m ago

Are you looking to get the most out of the cost or trading up towards …Are you looking to get the most out of the cost or trading up towards something else? I would personally go for a shpock, gumtree and Facebook market place sale. Nintendo switch on its own (tablet and Joycons) are around £160-180, dock ontop brings it to around £220-235. Cex would need what comes in the box for all conditions. Required:Switch console2x joycons 1x power lead 1x dock Optional Box Joycon grips Unsure Joycon controller More you own above, and condition the better grade you get.

Just money, in all honest Sphock is a waste of time.

It's in great condition with the box, came with an official case, neon joycons, joycon grips, the controller addon, Breath of The Wild and Pokken Tournament for £180 so just looking to clear that for the console.
Edited by: "teh.arn" 30th Jan
teh.arn16 m ago

Just money, in all honest Sphock is a waste of time.It's in great …Just money, in all honest Sphock is a waste of time.It's in great condition with the box, came with an official case, neon joycons, joycon grips, the controller addon, Breath of The Wild and Pokken Tournament for £180 so just looking to clear that for the console.

Was that with or without the dock?

33168509-V1yAa.jpg

If it's console, dock, joycons, grips and power lead (basically as new) I'd still go for a private sale.

You could get a lot more than what cex offer.

I know buyers on shpock can be a pain. But if it wasn't for shpock, Facebook and gumtree. I wouldn't be selling as much as I do.
Original Poster
kos1c1 m ago

Was that with or without the dock? [Image] If it's console, dock, joycons, …Was that with or without the dock? [Image] If it's console, dock, joycons, grips and power lead (basically as new) I'd still go for a private sale. You could get a lot more than what cex offer. I know buyers on shpock can be a pain. But if it wasn't for shpock, Facebook and gumtree. I wouldn't be selling as much as I do.

Everything that came with it as new plus a few extras.
Only asking because it would have made more sense to trade in in separately if they allowed.
Might give Ebay a go but not too fussed at the moment, as long as I clear £180 I'll be ok.
teh.arn7 m ago

Everything that came with it as new plus a few extras.Only asking because …Everything that came with it as new plus a few extras.Only asking because it would have made more sense to trade in in separately if they allowed.Might give Ebay a go but not too fussed at the moment, as long as I clear £180 I'll be ok.

Cex wouldn't need the extras. But if it's a hard case from a branded company (Nintendo or something) they may actually buy off you for a few quid. Check their website (UK.webuy.com)

Even with eBay you would clear more than cex.

It's £185 at cex. The console is worth around £220 quick sale and more average £240. If you aren't fussy with being low balled.

I'd say throw on the platforms I mentioned and accept anything that's over £210. But if you cannot be bothered with the hassle cex is the way to go.

£180 is a simple amount to clear.y switch was £160 with just the console and Joycons. Nothing else.
Edited by: "kos1c" 30th Jan
Original Poster
kos1c8 m ago

Cex wouldn't need the extras. But if it's a hard case from a branded …Cex wouldn't need the extras. But if it's a hard case from a branded company (Nintendo or something) they may actually buy off you for a few quid. Check their website (UK.webuy.com) Even with eBay you would clear more than cex. It's £185 at cex. The console is worth around £220 quick sale and more average £240. If you aren't fussy with being low balled. I'd say throw on the platforms I mentioned and accept anything that's over £210. But if you cannot be bothered with the hassle cex is the way to go.£180 is a simple amount to clear.y switch was £160 with just the console and Joycons. Nothing else.

Nintendo Hardcase.

I'm fine with Using cex, I probably trade about 10-20 items a month into them.Just wondering if anyone knew what the switch had to be sold with.
teh.arn18 m ago

Nintendo Hardcase.I'm fine with Using cex, I probably trade about 10-20 …Nintendo Hardcase.I'm fine with Using cex, I probably trade about 10-20 items a month into them.Just wondering if anyone knew what the switch had to be sold with.

If you're happy with what they offer. Then that's ok

Check here to see if your case is on their site.
Original Poster
kos1c1 m ago

If you're happy with what they offer. Then that's ok Check here to see …If you're happy with what they offer. Then that's ok Check here to see if your case is on their site.

Thanks for being helpul, it's not really what I asked though.
Thanks again
teh.arn14 h, 57 m ago

Thanks for being helpul, it's not really what I asked though.Thanks again

What was the question that I had missed?
Original Poster
kos1c1 h, 54 m ago

What was the question that I had missed?

What's needed for trading in just a switch. e.g. Console + Joycons + Charger.
Thanks for your input.
teh.arn1 h, 4 m ago

What's needed for trading in just a switch. e.g. Console + Joycons + …What's needed for trading in just a switch. e.g. Console + Joycons + Charger.Thanks for your input.

33172944.jpgBut I had answered your question 19 hours ago.

Grad A is all accessories and main components. In a as new condition

B is the same but without a box I believe in great condition

C is just main components and none of the accessories are required.

Joycon grips = those shoulder clips.
And controller = Joycon holder thing.
Edited by: "kos1c" 31st Jan
Original Poster
kos1c17 m ago

[Image] But I had answered your question 19 hours ago. Grad A is all …[Image] But I had answered your question 19 hours ago. Grad A is all accessories and main components. In a as new conditionB is the same but without a box I believe in great conditionC is just main components and none of the accessories are required.Joycon grips = those shoulder clips. And controller = Joycon holder thing.

Yea, I got that, then you went a bit off piste and started explaining the ins and outs of how to use Cex.
Like I said, I'm grateful but it wasn't needed.
teh.arn2 m ago

Yea, I got that, then you went a bit off piste and started explaining the …Yea, I got that, then you went a bit off piste and started explaining the ins and outs of how to use Cex.Like I said, I'm grateful but it wasn't needed.

Being a deal and money saving site. I just assumed that like myself, I would rather save money and not get ripped off.
But hey, each to their own!
Original Poster
kos1c54 m ago

Being a deal and money saving site. I just assumed that like myself, I …Being a deal and money saving site. I just assumed that like myself, I would rather save money and not get ripped off. But hey, each to their own!

Except it's not really being ripped of. . . .

I'm not going to mess about wasting my time waiting for some one to respond, turn up or pay for the item.

The initial question was asked because if they just accepted the console, joycons and the power cable, the whole package could have been traded in for more than it could be sold for elsewhere.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions