Groups

Trading Standards

Has anyone ever reported an item they've bought in a shop to trading standards?

I bought something yesterday and was really not impressed with any of it. The packaging was very misleading.

11 Comments

I reported what I thought was fake wine as it tasted very odd. To Surrey trading standards. No response at all. Pretty useless organisation and a waste of tax payers' money.

Many years ago I bought a multi bank ps1 memory card made by datel which turned out not be multi bank at all, my brother cracked it open and found it was a standard sized chipset and the botton to change banks wasnt connected to anything.

I reported that and got nowhere and datel didnt give a stuff either they claimed they didnt make that model anymore and had destoryed the blueprints so had no idea about their construction etc and then put the phone down on me and never answered any calls ever again.

They were once very good but along with all the cutbacks, because tax payers don't want to spend or cannot afford or not politically "buy votes" or tax payers' money spent on better pirorities, the TS service is severely scaled back. Unless it is a big enforcement action, you wouldn't get TS Officer support. Try their consumer advice, depends on authority on level of service though. Most practical is to escalate with shop and the small claims (if you have time). The small claims service is also severely cutback and staff is nowhere near as well trained as they once were. And the civil courts have also centralised and hard even to find someone to speak to face to face even for small claims application matters. After all the palava, unless money is large, write it off and move on with experience.

Trading standards deal largely with illegal sales activity such as rogue traders or pirate DVD sales etc, not sure if this would come under their remit.

What was the item and where did you buy it?

Was it a cup with Liverpool Football Club on it?

The packaging was very misleading.

pray tell then you might get a more informed response

Banned

Come on OP, pull your finger out.

Burlz

Has anyone ever reported an item they've bought in a shop to trading … Has anyone ever reported an item they've bought in a shop to trading standards?I bought something yesterday and was really not impressed with any of it. The packaging was very misleading.

[ citizensadvice.org.uk/con…ue/ ]
    ---
    ...How the consumer helpline can help you

The helpline adviser can:

give you practical and impartial advice on how to resolve your consumer problem
    tell you the law which applies to your situation
    pass information about complaints on to Trading Standards (you can’t do this yourself)

However, the adviser can’t:

make a complaint for you
    take legal action on your behalf
    ---

http://a1.files.blazepress.com/image/upload/c_fit,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,q_80,w_620/MTI4OTkyMzkyOTQxNDE1MDQz.jpg

http://www.fanboyreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Screen-Shot-2014-10-15-at-10.36.16-AM.png

Banned

Reported 2 laptop chargers from one ebay seller. Both broke exposing live wires on the cables.

Result - Seller refunded & also had to surrender all the other chargers to Trading Standards
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…915
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764322
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32162
      4. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE45

See more discussions