Groups

Traffic light cameras,how do they work?

Hi a friend of mine is worried they might of set of a traffic light camera,the didnt jump the red light but had to brake hard as the light changed to red and by the time they stopped their front wheels were over the white line,it was at a cross roads and the camera was facing the other side of the road not directly in her view

what do you guys think?

thanks

26 Comments

i got caught by one of these, thought i got through the amber. turns out i didnt

Sensors on the floor.

Original Poster

Met-Cast;5983817

Sensors on the floor.

where bouts are the sensors?

Original Poster

she didnt carry on driving she stopped

clarelouise25;5983811

i got caught by one of these, thought i got through the amber. turns out … i got caught by one of these, thought i got through the amber. turns out i didnt

you just coughed the offence.......:thumbsup:

Amber still an offence, unless you can show that it would have been dangerous to stop...

depends if your front wheels go over the line 0.9 seconds after they turn red

Original Poster

if u search on google earth and look on st view its drayton road norwich,you can see the grey camera,the only thing the camera wasnt facing in her direction

wasn't facing in her direction? point a camera away from yourself and take a picture of yourself lol, she'll be fine

Original Poster

she was waiting where the red loor is on the google street map.the road is called boundary road in norwich.if somone could check on google earth it would be great,as you can see by the pic the camera was facing a diff direction

Original Poster

heres ascreen grab i took

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/strobez977/camera.jpg

Original Poster

she would of been waiting behind the green jag waiting at the lights

Original Poster

Anyone know

What does it matter?

If she's been caught, she'll hear about it soon enough.

Shes going to be spending some time behind bars

i think she'll be ok, but if she was to get a fine , it will be within the next couple of days, they are very quick

Ah the lovely drayton road/boundary road crossroads.. otherwise known as the asda lights, LOL

Original Poster

paddy.stone;5986155

Ah the lovely drayton road/boundary road crossroads.. otherwise known as … Ah the lovely drayton road/boundary road crossroads.. otherwise known as the asda lights, LOL

??? What's lovely about em

strobez1977;5987618

You're not really a sharp one, are you?

Banned

strobez1977;5984687

she would of been waiting behind the green jag waiting at the lights

if she would have been in a position just behind the jag, then more than just her front wheels went over the white line!

the camera points down at about a 40 degree angle so she would have been photographed if JUST behind where the jag was.

If she was further back and just her front wheels were over, then she is fine cos it would be impossible for the camera to see her rear number plate.

Banned

tinkerbell28;5983889

If the camera is focused on that junction, it does not matter if she … If the camera is focused on that junction, it does not matter if she stopped, but if she crossed the line.

fully crossed the line plus about 10 yards but not just the front wheels over it.

Banned

dxx;5987628

You're not really a sharp one, are you?

i think that has been more than proven on this (and other) threads

dimebars;5987683

i think that has been more than proven on this (and other) threads

Fair point. Appears to be a UFC fan too. Never a great sign.

Original Poster

[QUOTE=dxx;5987754]Fair point. Appears to be a UFC fan too. Never a great sign

Nothing wrong with UFC!!

omg she went passed a red light, omg this is shocking, can a mod remove this thread!!!!!!! :@

yes mad

lol joke, i hope she didnt get caught

strobez1977;5987618

It's called sarcasm mate... look it up, lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29213630
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25101
      3. WONGA REFUNDS DUE186925
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764429

See more discussions