Expired

Traffic Warden....

Found 22nd JanEdited by:"MrDB"
Hi all. I was waiting for the missus while she popped into the post office. I was on double yellows (wrong I know).

Anyway, a traffic warden walked up to the window and waved at me. He didn't seem like he wanted a chat and he wasn't writing anything. Just raised his hand and I started up and drove off. He didn't hand me a ticket, place one on the car or even say a word. Think I saw him maybe noting the reg in his pad.

I guess I should have asked him if he issued a ticket on the sly but I just left. Think I'll be ok with that?

Sly if one gets sent in the post. He could have told me. Don't know why I didn't ask him. Silly

Anyway just wondering. Ta
Community Updates
Ask
28 Comments
Sounds like you got away with it, I'm sure they have to actually take pics of your car to prove you were illegally parked.
Original Poster
INDUSTRYHATER10 m ago

Sounds like you got away with it, I'm sure they have to actually take pics …Sounds like you got away with it, I'm sure they have to actually take pics of your car to prove you were illegally parked.

He could have. I didn't see him until he was by the driver window. I wasnt looking in the mirrors. He could have been stood behind me taking a picture.
Edited by: "MrDB" 22nd Jan
You probably got away with it as he did not get the chance to write the notice and put it on your car
Think traffic warden has to put penalty ticket on your windscreen....
hopefully you have got away with it..
But don't do it again! ..
Was it a Traffic Warden (ie Police Controlled) or an enforcement officer (Council or private). If the former, you will be OK, if the latter you will probably be OK.
Original Poster
Guess I can only wait. Knowing my luck I'll get one in the post. Waste of money.
Original Poster
Pandamansays6 m ago

Was it a Traffic Warden (ie Police Controlled) or an enforcement officer …Was it a Traffic Warden (ie Police Controlled) or an enforcement officer (Council or private). If the former, you will be OK, if the latter you will probably be OK.

He looked like a traffic warden to me but I'm not too up to date on what uniform is what. It's like he was just walking the beat. I saw his casual wave and just started up and moved on. I was parked on a normal road. Just on the double yellows outside the post office. It wasn't private land or anything.

I tend to worry that's all. And money is better spent elsewhere. The irony is I was sending back a parcel to Amazon for a refund and it may end up costing me more than the refund was worth.
Did he have a ticket machine or camera with him the automatic ones are usually sent in post from them nasty smart cars
Also u most probably got away with it if no anpr car went by as they have too take a photo the front to prove u didn't have a disability badge on display so don't worry too much about it
Original Poster
This is the fella. Caught him on the dash cam....
33114482.jpg
He obviously has his notepad. I guess he's got a gopro strapped to him as well as his trusty camera.
Edited by: "MrDB" 22nd Jan
Pmsl ....... what’s the worst thing his he gona do !!your not getting jail time ... chill out stop worrying lol .
MrDB1 h, 27 m ago

Guess I can only wait. Knowing my luck I'll get one in the post. Waste of …Guess I can only wait. Knowing my luck I'll get one in the post. Waste of money.

they normally get to you within 2 weeks by post so if you have received nothing by 3 weeks in the post, you can breathe a sigh of relief
These people are just doing their job, most of them give you a motion to move before they ticket (if your in the vehicle) if your outside they just ticket it after a few mins.
Original Poster
I should have been on full alert but I was in a world of my own. Maybe his wave was just a warning to move on which I did.

No big deal I know. Just annoying.
Hopefully you do get a fine through the door.

You shouldn't be stopping there, you knew this, you stopped anyway.
They have to place the ticket on your car, also if you have your engine turned on then you are not parked. A photo of you in the car would suggest that you were not parked. Was it in a no waiting area.
Double yellow lines? Any kerb markings? If not, unless signed otherwise, you are permitted to stop for 'loading and unloading'. The usual procedure on double yellow is to take one photo (which has date and time printed on it) followed a few minutes later by another photo (This time difference proves the parking) and a ticket issued.

Personally, as you describe it, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

This is one of the best newspaper articles I have read. Parking
Don't they normally take the photo after placing the ticket on the windscreen, so they have evidence of it being issued...?

If so, I don't think you'll hear anything.
Original Poster
benjammin3161 h, 8 m ago

Hopefully you do get a fine through the door.You shouldn't be stopping …Hopefully you do get a fine through the door.You shouldn't be stopping there, you knew this, you stopped anyway.

Lovely. Thanks
Original Poster
Beetplek1 h, 1 m ago

They have to place the ticket on your car, also if you have your engine …They have to place the ticket on your car, also if you have your engine turned on then you are not parked. A photo of you in the car would suggest that you were not parked. Was it in a no waiting area.

No "no waiting" signs up. Just double yellows.
MrDB10 m ago

That was an "on your bike" warning he gave you, had you stayed there he would have ticketed you.
Original Poster
Richard_Richard6 m ago

That was an "on your bike" warning he gave you, had you stayed there he …That was an "on your bike" warning he gave you, had you stayed there he would have ticketed you.

That's what I was hoping. Cheers
MrDB20 m ago

You can stop on double yellow lines if there's no signage saying otherwise. It's also OK to get out and do pretty much continuous unloading or loading, unless there are signs saying otherwise. He was maybe asking you to move because you were near a junction or because he though you were in your way, but you are within your rights to stop there.
Ops defo going to be eating porridge for a while!.
It was me, I did issue a ticket and have now tripled it due to you posting an unattractive photo of me on the internet.
traffic warden has to put penalty ticket on your windscreen. if the ticket is not on your windscreen you did not get a ticket.

I nearly got on. i was on double yellows (that you can barely make out). a traffic warden rolls up on his moped and he parks on double yellows (that you can see clear as day just behind me). he gets out take a photo. so i speak to him for around 3-5mins (this stopped him taking notes or getting a ticket rdy) my friend rolls in to the car (he is disabled). I said see you later to the traffic warden and he was shouting wait i have a ticket for you. to which i replied you have not issued me a ticket as not on my car. this was around 10 years ago tho things may of changed sins.
MrDB22nd Jan

This is the fella. Caught him on the dash cam....[Image] He obviously has …This is the fella. Caught him on the dash cam....[Image] He obviously has his notepad. I guess he's got a gopro strapped to him as well as his trusty camera.

He is still writing your number plate down
Whenever I see them they take a picture of your car without ticket and one with, to prove its issued.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants