Groups

Train Fares

Hello all,

I need to get a train ticket from birmingham to london on the 23/05/08 around 10ish in the morning but the trouble is i do not get paid till the 22nd... does anyone know where would or how would be the best and cheapest way to get a train ticket??

Any suggestions id be very grateful

11 Comments

[url]www.nationalrail.com[/url]

be about £35ish return

My OH is travelling around same time (26th - 28th) and we've just checked trainline. Cheapest available tickets are the walk-up tickets for open return (Lancaster-London). If you find anything cheaper than walk-up tickets please let us know which site you use. Thanks

take a child and buy a family railcard

Liddle ol' me;2132019

My OH is travelling around same time (26th - 28th) and we've just checked … My OH is travelling around same time (26th - 28th) and we've just checked trainline. Cheapest available tickets are the walk-up tickets for open return (Lancaster-London). If you find anything cheaper than walk-up tickets please let us know which site you use. Thanks

Cheapest we can find is £69.30 for a saver return. Anyone know where to find 'hidden' tickets cheaper than this?

try chiltern railway e-ticket
    you can print your own ticket or receive it by text,
    only £5 single on limited time.

chilternrailways.co.uk/tic…ay/

good luck

Banned

It's a lot cheaper to get the Coach, we got Megabus last tuesday for £8 return.

Alright, it's longer but it is worth it for the money that you save.

try chiltern railways
    only £5 single birmingham to london
    chilternrailways.co.uk/tic…ay/
    receive ticket by email or text.

wierdowoss;2132098

It's a lot cheaper to get the Coach, we got Megabus last tuesday for £8 … It's a lot cheaper to get the Coach, we got Megabus last tuesday for £8 return.Alright, it's longer but it is worth it for the money that you save.

Tried that but times are bad for us - involves getting up at 4am to make it to Prestin in time. Hopefully the OP has a closer stop :thumbsup:

Banned

Shame, they usually offer a 6AM 9AM & lunchtime services and then later ones

Banned

Liddle ol' me;2132065

Cheapest we can find is £69.30 for a saver return. Anyone know where to … Cheapest we can find is £69.30 for a saver return. Anyone know where to find 'hidden' tickets cheaper than this?

£69!!!!

Is rail really that expensive now? Last time I went on a train and it was from Brighton to Birmingham New Street return 10 years ago. Total return fare - £22! No wonder everyone drives.

EDIT:

I just checked and its £14.40 leaving BHAM at 10am and arriving EUSTON at 11;35

thetrainline.com/Buy…rue

Try Chiltern Railways. If you're willing to travel after 11:50am from Birmingham Snow Hill/Moor St to London Marylebone, a Super Off-Peak Return will only cost you £18 and it's a walk-up fare.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions