Groups

Train Help Needed : Coventry to Euston

Hi Guys And Gals,

At 5pm as I was leaving work I got told I needed to be in London for 9am sharp on Monday to go on a 4 day training course (very long story which I wont waste time going into!).

I need to leave from Coventry and get to Euston and have been told I will get there in enough time if I get on the 6 - 6:30am train. Problem is I have only been on the train a handful of times and never to London and I don't know where to start looking / booking.

It was going to be even more complicated as I need to get to Southwark (Sampson House) but instead of taking a dodgey risk on the undergound from euston to waterloo and then attempting a dodgey walk (using strange directions) I am just gonna hope in a cab from Euston to the place and hope it dont cost too much!

Could people point me in the direction of any websites and advise on what type of tickets I will need (leaving to get there before 9am monday and need to get back after 5pm Thursday).

I'm very stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated. Prices need to be reasonable but not after the cheapest deal as I can claim expenses but just need to know how to go about doing this!

PS Also i'll be staying in a hotel in Southwark, any things to do around that area would be nice to know too!

9 Comments

Do you ned return?

what date do you return?/

national express do a coach from coventry @ 5:45 - arrive at london (central) [not sure how far from euston that is] at 8:20.

£6 one way

Panz

Hi Guys And Gals,At 5pm as I was leaving work I got told I needed to be … Hi Guys And Gals,At 5pm as I was leaving work I got told I needed to be in London for 9am sharp on Monday to go on a 4 day training course (very long story which I wont waste time going into!).I need to leave from Coventry and get to Euston and have been told I will get there in enough time if I get on the 6 - 6:30am train. Problem is I have only been on the train a handful of times and never to London and I don't know where to start looking / booking.It was going to be even more complicated as I need to get to Southwark (Sampson House) but instead of taking a dodgey risk on the undergound from euston to waterloo and then attempting a dodgey walk (using strange directions) I am just gonna hope in a cab from Euston to the place and hope it dont cost too much! Could people point me in the direction of any websites and advise on what type of tickets I will need (leaving to get there before 9am monday and need to get back after 5pm Thursday).I'm very stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated. Prices need to be reasonable but not after the cheapest deal as I can claim expenses but just need to know how to go about doing this!PS Also i'll be staying in a hotel in Southwark, any things to do around that area would be nice to know too!

Hi Panz,

First off is if you want to go by train then, the main operator is Virgin and it's website is here: virgintrains.co.uk

This is where you will be able to get your tickets etc...

As for things to do....

London Eye, Namco (namcostation.co.uk/) and Central London is just over the bridge!

HTH!

Original Poster

Yeah i need a return coming back Thursday night but I can go just one way if need be as I'll still have 4 days to sort out a return trip.

Thanks for the tip on national express though not too keen on that as last time I took one I ended up being 2 hours later than the supposed arrival time and I can't take that risk this time.

I may take the virgin train down there and get a coach back.

Thanks for the tips Lawe

Banned

your best bet is to avoid the big smokke altogether- pull a sicky or something!

only been once and never again- miserable ppl, smoggy, muggings, far too many foreigners etc etc etc...

Original Poster

Ok guys just booked a single through the trainline (much easier than virgin) leaving at 5:50 and arriving at Euston for 7:10am. Need to be at the place I have training at by 9am which is 2.8 miles away from Euston so I think I will be ok. (Just hope getting a cab from Euston is not too much hassle or pricey!).

Taxi Rank is downstairs at Euston.

Head for the centre of the concourse from the platforms and you'll see it signposted with stairs going under the station.

Price "should" be around £10 dependent on traffic, but it is a straight'ish route.
    Have fun and good luck:thumbsup:

If I've got the same Sampson House as you're heading to, then this link tells you where Sampson House is:

londontown.com/Lon…tml

This link will help you get there if you want to use the tube:

journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use…e=1

Good luck on the course:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thank you so much everyone who has helped me :-)

Quick tip -use trainline.com and search for tickets as sometimes two singles are cheaper than a return.
    Heard about it today and this website shows prices for both singles and returns.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1324
      2. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1430
      3. Toys R Us Warning....2023
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767104

See more discussions