Expired

Train - London to Glasgow

5 replies
Found 27th Sep 2007
I need to travel by train from London to Glasgow next month (I won't know the date till much closer)

I've never tried to get tickets I usually fly, so no idea on how rates work... can you get flexible tickets that unable you to travel any day but book now?

Are there any special offers ?

As an example I will be travelling out on a thursday night (I'd like a sleeper service) and come back Saturday (sleeper) ...unless I can get the monday off work in which case I'd travel on the sunday.

Any help? What's the best way to get Cheap tickets... I also need a train that allows dogs

Thankyou

6 Comments

Banned

Stick to flying, trains are much..much...much more expensive

Original Poster

I can't I forgot to mention my dog is travelling with me, and is too young for the passport

Try ScotRail's sleeper service from London Euston to Glasgow - they take dogs if you are prepared to have a cabin to yourself & pay £40 extra to cover the cleaning of the cabin afterwards, but I don't think they run on a Saturday night. You can book a bargain berth in advance from £19 but I don't know where this will get you when you consider the dog is coming too!

HTH.

Original Poster

Thanks, I had a look into the berths the booking system tells me nothing is available on any dates...even one's I don't actually want to travel on...

So not sure if the system online isn't very good, or the berths are extremely popular

[SIZE=2]Have look at post 30 on this thread/link below....might be an option.:thinking: [/SIZE]

]http//ww…e=2

Banned

Not sure if my earlier thread will be of use:
hotukdeals.com/for…per

Sleepers don't run on Saturday nights.

For daytime trains, and for flexibility, a Saver ticket will be your best bet, but most expensive - at around £98.00 return to Glasgow. If you specify exact dates and times, the fares start at around £24.00 return.

If you specify dates etc. I will do a search because I have discovered that not all websites are the same! Virgin Trains for example had a fault recently so it didn't show true availability.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking to travel from belfast22
    2. Unisex/Women’s Nintendo Christmas Jumper?11
    3. I posted a deal that has been removed39
    4. Gatwick Airport Parking77

See more discussions