Train / Rail Yearly Pass?

Found 11th Sep 2008
Does anyone know how much a yearly train pass is what you can use to all UK destinations?

Thanx in advance

1. Misc
  2. Train
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Train
7 Comments

Do they exist? I know that interrail tickets are available to visitors but not UK residents...

It would be ridiculously expensive if one did exist

Original Poster

I dont know, my little sister entered a competion in school where all school kids have entered from around the place and the competion had something to do with a rail company, she came 1st place and the school is telling her she has won a family year rail pass to all uk detinations so she can travel the uk for free, so was just wondering how much are they worth if u was to buy 1.

i wouldn't b suprised is it was a card what gets you money off rail journies, its just what the school is making out what it is

i guess only time will tell tho

Original Poster

Titchimp;2949947

Could it be this? http://www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/landing/

could be, but the way the school said it was that its free to travel on the trains for a year across the uk

Titchimp;2949947

Could it be this? http://www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/landing/

I think that your right

That or a family railcard where you get a discount on the trains as a daily pass unlimited for the whole country would be very expensive on it's own as each individual rail company will want a cut, to give the op an idea here are some yearly passes

SUFFOLK & CAMBRIDGE: Standard £2600.00, 1st Class £4160.00.
Or a season ticket just to cover Gravesend to London Waterloo and back costs £2,240.00

So as you can see you'd probably be looking at a price well above £10,000 probably anything up to £100,000

Original Poster

RedIron;2950006

I think that your rightThat or a family railcard where you get a discount … I think that your rightThat or a family railcard where you get a discount on the trains as a daily pass unlimited for the whole country would be very expensive on it's own as each individual rail company will want a cut, to give the op an idea here are some yearly passesSUFFOLK & CAMBRIDGE: Standard £2600.00, 1st Class £4160.00.Or a season ticket just to cover Gravesend to London Waterloo and back costs £2,240.00 So as you can see you'd probably be looking at a price well above £10,000 probably anything up to £100,000

yeah it probs is just a money off card, wouldn't mind it being a free travel 1 though :w00t:

school must of got mixed up when telling what she had won

thanx to every1 who replied
Post a comment
@
    Text