Groups

Train Ticket Question, Can anyone help?

Ok, im travelling down to wembley for the play off finals next week and was wondering. If i buy a off peak return ticket, do i have to travel at the specific time stated on the website? As i am getting a train from brum to marylebone then onto wembley which works out at the same price as one just going to marylebone.

we are getting there earlyish in the morning and obviously don't want to go wembley straight away.

12 Comments

Original Poster

Not sure why that double posted, but the other one's link is broke anyway

If i buy a off peak return ticket, do i have to travel at the specific time stated on the website?

Ummmm, at a rough guess I'd say yes you do:?

Off-Peak: These fares do not restrict you to travelling on a specific train, but they do have restrictions on the time you can travel. Check at the station before you travel, but you may find you don't need to pay an additional fare as long as you complete your journey within a calendar month for 'Off-Peak' tickets and on the date shown on the ticket for 'Off-Peak Day' tickets.
    nationalrail.co.uk/tim…ts/

When can I use an Off-Peak ticket?

Off-Peak Single and Off-Peak Day (Single and Return) tickets must be used on the date shown on the ticket.

For Off-Peak Return tickets, outward journeys must be made on the date shown on your ticket and return journeys must be made within one calendar month.

nationalrail.co.uk/tim…tml

a date maybe nice ... are you wanting to make the trip in one day. by saying "weekend" you dont give us much options to find you a ticket

EDIT: Dept Sat BNS at 8:14am (arrive 10:34am), Depart London Marlybone 8:00pm arrive BNS 10:12pm - £34.00 return
    EDIT 2: buying two singles works out £20.50, but it leaves Brum at 9:20am and leaves London at 8:39, arriving Brum just after midnight, with 2 changes)

with off-peak tickets the only restriction is that you have to travel...well, off-peak, ie. not during rush-hours, but you are not tied to a specific train.

Original Poster

Thanks for the help guys, im travelling on the saturday, which i gather is off-peak all day.

Disco;5227138

a date maybe nice ... are you wanting to make the trip in one day. by … a date maybe nice ... are you wanting to make the trip in one day. by saying "weekend" you dont give us much options to find you a ticketEDIT: Dept Sat BNS at 8:14am (arrive 10:34am), Depart London Marlybone 8:00pm arrive BNS 10:12pm - £34.00 returnEDIT 2: buying two singles works out £20.50, but it leaves Brum at 9:20am and leaves London at 8:39, arriving Brum just after midnight, with 2 changes)

matt3454;5228476

Thanks for the help guys, im travelling on the saturday, which i gather … Thanks for the help guys, im travelling on the saturday, which i gather is off-peak all day.

book now, and thats no more than £34

Original Poster

theres 4 of us going, so im going with a return for £64, bargain !!!

matt3454;5233285

theres 4 of us going, so im going with a return for £64, bargain !!!

you could've got one for 1/2 that man - if you look before you even post on here, it will save you and others time. if you did look but couldn't find anything then fair enough, but i looked within an hour of you posting and post returns for 34 quid.

look before you leap, is all im saying

Original Poster

4 people for £34?

£8.50 each?

Dammit, i missed out there

matt3454;5243772

4 people for £34?£8.50 each?Dammit, i missed out there

no no!! £34 each! - you said £64 each so £34pp is double the bargain you got!

Original Poster

Oh lol, I meant £64 for the 4 of us - £16 each. Weird though cos 3 of us would have cost £63.30, so it cost us 70p to bring along another lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions