Expired

Train Ticket Saver Return validity?

Found 28th Jan 2005
I bought a Saver Return ticket for a Virgin train and on the return part the conducter never checked/stamped my ticket. So if I do the same journey again can I buy a single one way and then use the return again on the way back? How long is the return part good for? All it says on Date is 18 JNR -05 which is when I went out...so is it good for a month or something?

test
- acecatcher3

1. Misc
  2. Train
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Train
6 Comments

Im assuming this is a normal ticket in which case returns are only valid for that day

( At least the case on chiltern and Midland)

Original Poster

The same day as the out ticket? or you mean the original day I was supposed to travel?

I just can't figure out where it says it on my ticket so I thought the Saver Return might just be for use anytime within a month (let's say) of the date stamped on the ticket.

taken from virgintrains website:

"...the Saver Return ticket allows breaks of journey on the return part as long as your whole journey is completed within one calendar month of outward travel."

so your ticket is valid until feb 18th

i've done this a few times!

Original Poster

Perfect! That's what I thought but I couldn't find the info when looking around the site :oops:

Thanks Slinks!!!!

Paul

Perfect! That's what I thought but I couldn't find the info when looking … Perfect! That's what I thought but I couldn't find the info when looking around the site :oops: Thanks Slinks!!!!

no probs! i know that it can be done but like you i couldn't find the info on the site for aaaaaaaaages :shock: naughty virgintrains!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769542
    2. Add one, leave one game54415458
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428214657
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247654

See more discussions