Groups
    EXPIRED

Train tickets

My boyfriend travels from Peterborough to Manchester every weekend by train,does anybody know of any way to make it cheaper,with a discount card or something.

I'm a bit clueless,i've had a Google and not come up with anything !

Thanks for any advice :o)

18 Comments

if hes under 25 he could get this rail card and save a third on fares

railcard.co.uk/

Original Poster

jeany123;5809780

if hes under 25 he could get this rail card and save a third on … if hes under 25 he could get this rail card and save a third on fareshttp://www.railcard.co.uk/

I wish we were under 25,unfortunately not hehe

Thank you though:thumbsup:

deb8z;5809842

I wish we were under 25,unfortunately not heheThank you though:thumbsup:

oh well never mind :-D

he can save by booking in advance on here

raileasy.co.uk/go/…494

he can also get season tickets here ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/…sts

Banned

book in advance...... and join up to national express and virgin or whooever he uses so you recieve offers in emails

i use ne and often receive discounts via email.....book few weeks in advance and costs me £22-35 return london- leeds

or get a boyfriend who lives in manchester lol

Original Poster

Thanks you two:thumbsup:

Original Poster

casparwhite;5809879

book in advance...... and join up to national express and virgin or … book in advance...... and join up to national express and virgin or whooever he uses so you recieve offers in emailsi use ne and often receive discounts via email.....book few weeks in advance and costs me £22-35 return london- leedsor get a boyfriend who lives in manchester lol

Even better,get him to move here:-D

Is there barriers at each side? My train ticket should cost £350 a month but i buy it further up the stop which makes it £165 - get caught about once a week and have to pay an additional £8 but save myself so much money for being a bit naughty!!

Banned

tanzc69;5810710

Is there barriers at each side? My train ticket should cost £350 a month … Is there barriers at each side? My train ticket should cost £350 a month but i buy it further up the stop which makes it £165 - get caught about once a week and have to pay an additional £8 but save myself so much money for being a bit naughty!!

god, where to do you travel to/from Couldnt you drive

Banned

tanzc69;5810710

Is there barriers at each side? My train ticket should cost £350 a month … Is there barriers at each side? My train ticket should cost £350 a month but i buy it further up the stop which makes it £165 - get caught about once a week and have to pay an additional £8 but save myself so much money for being a bit naughty!!

criminal:-D

Toby Jug;5813879

god, where to do you travel to/from Couldnt you drive

i live in kent and work in london so no i couldnt drive and wouldnt want to anyway!!

Original Poster

tanzc69;5810710

Ooooo that is naughty:w00t:lol

Original Poster

drdanielmacdonald;5814488

buy seperate tickets via birmingham with ]www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk

I don't think that would make much difference though,as it is now,he has to get one train from Peterborough to Doncaster and then another from there to Manchester Piccadilly,in total that usually costs 62.80.

deb8z;5816870

Ooooo that is naughty:w00t:lol

i am very naughty :-) but i also have £200 extra a month!!

Original Poster

tanzc69;5816906

i am very naughty :-) but i also have £200 extra a month!!

I'm being thick here as i never use trains, but how do you buy a ticket further up the stop?

deb8z;5816954

I'm being thick here as i never use trains, but how do you buy a ticket … I'm being thick here as i never use trains, but how do you buy a ticket further up the stop?

i get a lift to Bromley with my boyfriend and buy it from there - you just get to a station further up the track be it by train and get off, drive ,fly, swim

Original Poster

Ohhhh i see.

You can buy a ticket from Peterborough to Leicester

Get a Megatrain from Leicester to Sheffield

Then buy a train Sheffield to Manchester

^ All cheaper when buying in advance :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Mcdonalds fizzy drinks not working34
      2. MacBook Air 11.6 MD712 Good Deal?33